Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

That’s a nice find I will have to keep those in mind when it’s time to move away from the tuya based ones I am using now… that said would be interested to see what ones are thread/matter based as well for local only control when those are not in stock.

I have the skyconnect installed without issue to my headless virtualbox install atm and its showing it has Thread support as it should and I have the Matter (beta) plugin installed to migrate off any non local devices come time from the get go as I build out my setup.

Something like this :rofl:

Found a use for dead Kogan plugs, no soldering required.

Currently it has no local switch or indicator.

7 Likes

Ha! That’s great.

That is awesome!

Wish I’d hung on to all of my dead Kogans now!

It works fine but probably not legal as all the smart plugs I have are double pole switching, while the Shelly’s with only single pole switching are approved for use here.

There is no room for a local switch with the case on it so it may work if I remove the case to free some space.

1 Like

This got me wondering if a cheap double adapter could (should;) house one? This one is slightly too small. And I just used the one Shelly I had on hand (2.5). Just an intial rough up of an idea…

3 Likes

This question doesn’t appear to relate to home assistant.

I am specifically asking about Mercator and Clipsal wifi enabled products e.g. the Wiser range and its Mercator equivalent - or am I missing the purpose of this thread?

This topic is for discussing connecting devices certified for mains use in Australia to Home Assistant.

You asked about using them with Google Home.

1 Like

Hi there, first question this forum, and a simple one. We are renovating a house and putting in Zigbee light switches and motion sensors. All to be controlled through automations, not the brand’s native app e.g. Wiser. Is there a general rank of Clipsal Iconic, Legrand, Mercator, or others and their compatibility with HA. Main concerns are reliability, safety and longevity of the brand. If there is a general review of any of this, I would be very grateful for a link. Many thanks, Dan

I don’t think you’ll get a nice consolidated/summarised view from this topic or the forum more broadly.

I’d suggest doing searches within this topic, develop your own shortlists based on that, and then ask some more specific questions if you need. The topic can be hard to extract info from but there’s lots of great info in here already.

People tend to offer more support if they can see you’ve done some research/reading legwork.

I think the post just after Dan’s was worthy of being moderated too.

No moderation occurred, they deleted their own post.

Hi there,

I need to replace a few (not too many) of those architrave light switches and was looking into this one mentioned a few times here Mercator Ikuu SSWM | Smart Single Switch Mechanism | Zigbee. The reviews are mixed but some people have had good luck with the brand. I am willing to give it a go in one of these and see how it goes.

My question is if that fits on my wall cavities is a straight replacement for the dumb switch? I have some other switches with shelly behind that works well in detached mode with the occasional double toggle to actually work, just confused with these zigbee switch mechs how it works.

Thanks

From what I can see on the back they would just replace the switch in the gang plate surround where one is removable to be replaced, the connection setup would the same as the current dumb switch in terms of labels they have.

I may have to grab one myself after I see what switches they would be best with here in my place.

Has anyone got the Schneider Electrics (Clipsal) smoke alarms working through Home Assistant, without using the hub? Specifically the CLP599WSA, they are zigbee compatible, I can get them to connect through zigbee2mqtt but they display as unsupported, I’ve tried following some tutorials to add them but have been unsuccessful.

I would think you’ll get more help in a z2m thread, or the zigbee-herdsman-converters github.

My 2 cents on the Useelink Power Strips. I got the Zigbee versions.
I bought 2 last week from Amazon AU. I’m in NZ.
I hoped they would be good. Physically they look great. They are not for use in a bedroom, LEDs are awfully bright and glow through the plastic body
Main issues, when I was plugging things into it, some plugs wouldn’t seat in right and seemed to need some firm persuasion, you shouldn’t need to when plugging things in.
While doing that I bumped the plug that was in already, I saw & heard sparks.
The plug fitment & sparks put me right off. I don’t want my house to burn down!
I have lodged a return to Amazon.

No affiliation but I just got an email from OzSmartThings saying they have 30% off some gear.

Having a look at their listings I see this one:

Might be one to look at since its matter based and according to the product description it does not need a cloud based connection to work. I will have to keep these in mind when its time to replace all my current lenovo plugs to see how these do if the are still available at that time.