Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

No moderation occurred, they deleted their own post.

Hi there,

I need to replace a few (not too many) of those architrave light switches and was looking into this one mentioned a few times here Mercator Ikuu SSWM | Smart Single Switch Mechanism | Zigbee. The reviews are mixed but some people have had good luck with the brand. I am willing to give it a go in one of these and see how it goes.

My question is if that fits on my wall cavities is a straight replacement for the dumb switch? I have some other switches with shelly behind that works well in detached mode with the occasional double toggle to actually work, just confused with these zigbee switch mechs how it works.

Thanks

From what I can see on the back they would just replace the switch in the gang plate surround where one is removable to be replaced, the connection setup would the same as the current dumb switch in terms of labels they have.

I may have to grab one myself after I see what switches they would be best with here in my place.

Has anyone got the Schneider Electrics (Clipsal) smoke alarms working through Home Assistant, without using the hub? Specifically the CLP599WSA, they are zigbee compatible, I can get them to connect through zigbee2mqtt but they display as unsupported, Iā€™ve tried following some tutorials to add them but have been unsuccessful.

I would think youā€™ll get more help in a z2m thread, or the zigbee-herdsman-converters github.

My 2 cents on the Useelink Power Strips. I got the Zigbee versions.
I bought 2 last week from Amazon AU. Iā€™m in NZ.
I hoped they would be good. Physically they look great. They are not for use in a bedroom, LEDs are awfully bright and glow through the plastic body
Main issues, when I was plugging things into it, some plugs wouldnā€™t seat in right and seemed to need some firm persuasion, you shouldnā€™t need to when plugging things in.
While doing that I bumped the plug that was in already, I saw & heard sparks.
The plug fitment & sparks put me right off. I donā€™t want my house to burn down!
I have lodged a return to Amazon.

No affiliation but I just got an email from OzSmartThings saying they have 30% off some gear.

Having a look at their listings I see this one:

Might be one to look at since its matter based and according to the product description it does not need a cloud based connection to work. I will have to keep these in mind when its time to replace all my current lenovo plugs to see how these do if the are still available at that time.

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Iā€™m having another play with localtuya, and itā€™s set up OK, but where I keep getting stuck is setting all the device properties. I thought there was an online database/wiki somewhere with these but I canā€™t find it. Any ideas?

I have some AU stuff like Arlec Grid Connect outdoor smart plugs, some Kogan smart fans, and some Aldi outdoor sensor lights - I think which have all been talked about in this forum. Plus some funky stuff like a pet feeder and star projector. Some of these have heaps of settings.

Would be amazing if there was a central repository where people could record which ones have had their local Tuya settings figured out, and if they were known to work with Cordcutter etc.

This post tells you how in written form step by step: Reddit - Dive into anything

Is that reply to me? It doesnā€™t. It literally says

This took a bit of trial and error to work out, I had to repeat the process a few timesā€¦

Hi All I just have 2 Daikin Alira X installed, falsely believing that the Daikin AC integration will just work. It turns out it doesnā€™t. I should have searched more before I chose Alira X.

I actually donā€™t mind having cloud control but it seems all the integrations I found are built for other regionā€™s Daikin cloud. Itā€™s annoying different regionā€™s RCAC uses different app to control.

Does anyone know any integration that works with Alira X (2.2kw, 3.5kw to be specific but I believe the whole Alira X line uses BRP084C44 module) without modifying the hardware? Thanks.

1 Like

We have a house that has a hot water system that runs on a controlled load circuit. The house may be vacant for an extended period of time in the future and Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s legal/possible to put a relay (Ie. Shelly 1PM for example) to control the hot water system.

The hot water unit seems to use about 3000 watts when it is on which seems to be OK for the Shelly max amp limit.

My second throught from that was whether it would be possible to have a Shelly be able to switch the hot water unit from a controlled load circuit to a normal main circuit or completely off. For this I suspect Iā€™d need some sort of transfer switch that takes two power inputs and can be controlled by a Shelly 2PM or Shelly 2.5.

Thoughts?

First part: yes it is legal. You must ensure that the entire tank is heated to 60 degrees C at least once a week to combat growth of legionella bacteria.

For the second part you would need a contractor/relay controlled by the Shelly as it does not have changeover relay contacts. Just one 240V on/off output.

Itā€™s going to depend on where you are. e.g. in QLD it is not permitted to have a controlled load appliance able to be switched to/from the regular supply.

There are some circumstances where it may be done but many DNSPs wonā€™t permit it.

If it is permitted then you will need a contactor rated for reliably switching such a load. That contactor can be controlled by the Shelly.

2 and 3 Speed Fans - Hard Wired

I currently have a 2 speed fan and a 3 speed fan that uses a hard wired for the speed control. You can have a 3 speed switch that will put power onto the wire (speed) you would like.

My question is; Would anyone be able to recommend what they are using to control fans like this into HA where we can select for 2 speed = low / high / Off, and for 3 speed = Low / Med / High / Off.?

Hi @starryalley,

For what its worth, I had an Alira X 7.1kW (specifically FTXM71WVMA) installed in June last year, and it works just fine with the standard Daikin integration.

From memory, I had to connect it to the WiFi network first with the Daikin app and after that I just configured through the HomeAssistant UI using the key on the sticker inside the unit.

Donā€™t update your firmware to 2.8.0 if you are on 1.19.0. It removes the local API.

2 Likes

Oh, that would explain it. Thanks for that. Any idea how Daikin pushes firmware updates? Would it be automatic if I tried to use Daikinā€™s Mobile Controller app again?

In my case my two Alira X (2.0kw and 3.5kw) both came with v1.1.30. I canā€™t connect to it using the Daikin Mobile Controller unless I update the firmware and it is offering v2.8.0. I updated 1 of them first, and I can finally controll it using the Daikin app. However the standard Daikin integration canā€™t work with both v1.1.30 and v2.8.0.

I remember there is a setting in the Daikin app to not auto-update the firmware. Please donā€™t update. But I am curious why you can still use Daikin app to connect?

I am now using SmartIR and 2 broadlink IR blasters to control them instead. I just avoid controlling the aircon with the remote or with Daikin app, so the state is consistent in home assistant.