Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

If you flash them then technically they are not compliant anymore

Many units have a set of interface terminals at the internal unit (in your roof) which allow for basic control such as on/off using a set of contacts. ie: a relay controlled by an ESP8266

1 Like

that sounds great. do you have any links for such projects? thanks.

its wall mounted wired remote. not IR/RF

No, you would need to first see if your A/C has such terminals. If it does, look into ESPhome. All you would need is a Wemos D1 mini and a relay board. Plenty of instructions on the ESPhome website

I automated my ducted daikin with an intesisbox device that acts like a wall controller.

For Samsung it looks like there has been some work done for the MIM-H03 WiFi controller. Might be worth looking into that.

As much as I like to diy build electronics, I think the extra money was worth it for ac control.

1 Like

I believe that you can control (almost) any unit with REST API using my component.
Of course you have to have some token or another way for authentication;-)

1 Like

what component?

The one linked 2 posts above. It does however require the A/C unit to have an IP based controller. So far we don’t know what @cpuram has so it may not be compatible

1 Like

thanks @tinglis1 @SebuZet @sparkydave .
I saw that shortly after I posted and I spent much of my last night trying to get the token. I have MIM-H02 and looks like it uses 2878 port. there are some npm based solutions but I think my lack of understanding with node.js is causing me trouble. trying to read and leard how to install and run (mostly run) npm apps/modules.

D’oh silly me

ok, for anyone interested, I have installed MIM-H02 wifikit to my existing ducted samsung aircon and configured climate_ip. everything works great.
Thanks to @SebuZet for the awesome component

1 Like

For the brilliant smart switches I phoned them and they sent me this link for the government approval

https://equipment.erac.gov.au/Public/Profiles.aspx?ApplicationID=c825df3d-90fc-4562-badd-089a2c7b9b2e

Hi Everyone,

I’m the guy who started this post way back in Nov 2017, my goal was to get some convo going in and around Aussie certified products so that people could purchase and implement with confidence as there are heaps out there that are not certified :hushed:. I left the HA scene for a year or so and wow I cannot believe it’s gone nuts, such great posts, thanks to all of you for contributing :+1:

I am seeking some help, I purchased some GPO sockets and wall switches link below they are based on Tuya and TYWE3S I believe.

Has anyone got these swtiches or GPO’s working directly in HA without any modification or do they need to be converted to Tuya / Tasmota? If so please can someone provide some instructions of how to get this converted as I am new on this tech. I tried Tuya-Convert with a strip plug and it bricked it after the last step :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks in advance

Welcome back!

You should be able to use them with HA using the Tuya integration, but that will be via their cloud server, so not ‘directly’. ‘Directly’ will require flashing, and as mentioned many times in this thread it would void the certification, but hey, if its melted no one will know what firmware was previously on it.

1 Like

Good to be back thanks Dave.

I did manage to get the Device ID and Local Key from the PowerStrip and used Local Tuya using the github link below from stast1 and it worked. I got FOMO with Tuya / Tasmota but not sure what the benefit is other than getting off the cloud but tried it anyway and bricked the PowerStrip so I want to find some instructions that definately work before I try again. Do you have any instructions, what to do and not what to do?

I know I posted about the GPO and light switch but I want to get the PowerStrip working also with Tasmota or ESPHome? not sure what the benefits or either is or whether I should bother with either if I got things working with Local Tuya…advice?

#Local Tuya CC
  - platform: localtuya
    host: 192.168.1.xxx
    local_key: xxx
    device_id: xxx
    protocol_version: 3.1
    name: Plug 1
    id: 1
    name: Plug 2
    id: 2
    name: Plug 3
    id: 3
    name: Plug 4
    id: 4

They look to be the same as these Makegood outlets listed HERE with Template settings for Tasmota.

The use the Smart life app and have the TYWE3S chip, so can almost certainly be flashed with Tasmota using Tuya-Convert

Hey Jason,

Thanks, they should be the same which is great. However as mentioned I had a bad experience the other night following the video above and bricked a PowerStrip from JBHifi, I followed it to a tee, may be I had a bad one. It has put me off trying again but I know I must and want to follow instructions that are known to work. What is the difference between Tasmota and ESPHome and what are the benefits?

What instructions should I follow to Tuya-Convert? is the one I followed the right one or is there a more recent version etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

There is another thread about pros and cons of Tasmota vs ESPhome. I prefer ESPhime for its native API etc. Check out the thread (on my phone so not so easy to hunt down a link for you, sorry)

Thanks, I will have a search around for the benefits for each.