Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

@ryanbeaton - can you please let me know which template you used with Arlec Smart Roller Blind Controller ?

Hi Nthewara
I was talking about Connect Smart switch from Harvey Norman. As noted recently this thread is hard to follow.

@ryanbeaton :+1:

Hi Everyone, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a Wifi 240V downlight with local integration to home assistant?

Thanks

Are you prepared to flash new firmware onto it? If so Kogan have a 4 pack of downlights which can be flashed to provide local comms for $99 with free shipping. Thatā€™s a pretty good deal.

Hi All. I have questions around redundancy in terms of system failure. I really like the idea of flashing lights with tasmota to be able to control them. I have done this with some GU10 230v lamps in the bathroom and it is perfect to be able to dim the lights down in early hours of morning.
The problem is when HA fails? I had home assistant go down and it took me a couple of days to get it back up and running with basic config. This meant the flashed lights would not work. This got me thinking how do i cover this scenario in the future??? Do I just have a dimmer on the wall and have standard LED lamps in the ceiling or what other options are there that people are using to prevent this from happening.
Hope this makes sense

Cheers all

1 Like

For this reason, I prefer to use items which allow use of physical switches. Smart switches, as opposed to smart lights allow use of the local physical control, as well as HA.

1 Like

Yes, i agree. I have tried Shelly dimmers and these are perfect in this situation and will continue to operate locally without any smarts, which is great. Thanks for your feedback

1 Like

Hey All,

Iā€™ve just had my Deta switches installed which is very exciting.

Question about replicating a 2-way switch:
On the empty gang Iā€™d like to control another switch from, should I be looking to setup a template switch? Also do I remove the corresponding empty relay from the Tasmota template?

So something like:

- platform: template
  switches:
    fake_2way:
      value_template: "{{ is_state('light.downstairs', 'on') }}"
      turn_on:
        service: light.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: light.upstairs_button
      turn_off:
        service: light.turn_off
        data:
          entity_id: light.upstairs_button     

Cheers,
Linton

Hey there, I have just purchased a new Brilliant Smart fan switch from bunnings, this appears to be a different hardware configuration to that you have used previously, to begin with, the RX and TX are now in the GPIO 13 and GPIO 14 respectively, resulting in a change to the template, you can see below.

{ā€œNAMEā€:ā€œBrilliant Fanā€,ā€œGPIOā€:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,108,0,107,0],ā€œFLAGā€:0,ā€œBASEā€:54}

The fan/light works great with MQTT; I can turn the light on and off, and I can set the fan to different speeds. However, I am having an issue with being able to read the state when you use the remote. I suspect the backlogs have also been remapped.

I am really new to this, but I am willing to have a crack. I have installed the Bookmarklet as per this gihub page, but Iā€™m not getting any feedback from the device to show me how to map the backlog commands. I am using WebLog4, and all I can see is a consistent off command (see screenshot)

I would love to know how you managed to read the mapping in your original post in November last year, im sure if I know what you did I can probably figure it out.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t post a photo of text files.

Boy was I way off!

For anyone also looking into 2-way switches, I implemented the single automation at the end and itā€™s working well. Just gotta stop one of the relays from clicking unnecessarily. Boy some are loud.

1 Like

Im not sure if your talking to me or sombody else, but I posted a photo of the Tasmota Console which is not a text file, I did it deliberatly because there is information in the console I dont want to share. besides that the idea is to show that Im not getting the feedback from the MCU so even sharing a text file would be of little value.

I was talking to you. Iā€™ll repeat, please do not post photos or screenshots of text output.

(Running the risk that I havenā€™t seen anything recent on this thread about this - but as we know, searching is shite ā€¦)

I came across a thread on the Oz/NZ Smart Home Automation facebook group recently about basic smart switches that pointed me to ā€œHo Ho Gadgetā€ (yeh ā€¦ I know). From what I can tell, they sell the same Tuya based 1/2/3 gang switches that Zemismart and Kogan (and Harvey Norman I think) and no doubt lots more sell. Super cheap. I saw on old threads that @nickrout successfully Tuya-converted them, so that gave me confidnence to try the same. Yep - can confirm I could flash my 1-gang via Tuya convert.
For 26/27/28 bucks delivered for 1/2/3 gang - seems to be a crazy good deal. (The delivery speed was crazy too - ordered 4pm Thursday last week, and it was delivered 8am this Monday morning Melbourne to Adelaide. Free delivery via Sendle)

Yes I used tuya convert on a 2 gang zemismart switch. Trouble is manufacturers keep changing the firmware and tuya convert may no longer work.

Thanks Dave. Happy to flash the lights. I will check them out.

In that case I suggest flashing them to ESPhome (has a native HA API)

Hi there, are you sure you have the RX GPIO pin set correctly? Iā€™m not sure what the behaviour would be if you had the TX set correctly, the the RX incorrectly. Perhaps it would let you send commands but not receive them, which might explain what you are seeing now. Is there any indication that data is being received by the ESP8266?

Hi Oscill8ory, thats an interesting sugestion, but if I understand the hardware corectly the WIFI module talks to the controler via serial bus, just as does the RF module. so i would expect it will not work at all. in regard to comtroling the unit. but its worth a try as I dont have any other ideas. thanks for you help.