Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hey Joe,

I don’t have these particular lights, but have successfully got the Arlec CWWW working with ESPHome. Is that what you’re looking for?

Create a new folder in config/customer_components called cwww2.

Copy the 4 files from here and place them in the cwww2 folder your just created.

This is the code I used in ESPHome (you may need to adjust the output GPIO’s dependant on your light);

esphome:
  name: arlec_white_1
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: "your ssid"
  password: "password"
  manual_ip:
    static_ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    subnet: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ap:
    ssid: "your fallback ssid"
    password: "password"

output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output1
    pin: GPIO5
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output2
    pin: GPIO13

light:
  - platform: cwww2
    id: lightid
    name: "Light CWWW"
    color_temperature: output2
    brightness: output1
    cold_white_color_temperature: 6500 K
    warm_white_color_temperature: 3000 K

restore_mode: ALWAYS_OFF

tempsnip

Hi subzzz, I actually have the same Arlec bulb and have been using the cwww2 component for some time.

The specific Connect Smarthome GU5.3 lights are the ones causing problems. After compiling with “arduino_version: latest” for one of the lights, it doesn’t reboot any more… but now OTA flashes don’t work anymore because of “no enough space”.

Have you looked into the ZemiSmart side of things?

When I saw the Connect Smarthome range in HN, it looked remarkably like rebadged ZemiSmart.

I have been meaning to share how I hooked up my Actaris water meter for a while. I have written it up on another post.

Actaris water meter detection using a Cyble sensor

Hey guys, awesome thread.

I’m looking to get into zigbee and looking at zigbee2mqtt option but I’m curious to see people’s latest thoughts on this and what devices they’d recommend for the CC2531 (or one of the others) for range, etc? Are most of the versions of the CC2531 basically the same range and if so should I just aim for the cheapest?

Is there another option for zigbee that has since come out that might be a better option such as the ConBee or other brands?

I use the conbee on deconz running on its own raspberry pi and it has been rock solid, so I can recommend that.

ZHA seems to be pretty good these days as well.

I tried zigbee2mqtt but it was much earlier in the project and it didn’t give me what I was looking for.

Im using the CC2531 with Zigbee2MQTT. Its been rock solid, but the range on the CC2531 is terrible. I ended up adding two repeaters at even spacing in the house to fix reliability problems.

As all of my ~12 Zigbee devices are battery operated (not repeaters), I bought the Ikea Tradfri USB repeaters and plugged them into the USB port on my WiFi access points.

Thanks guys. I ended up grabbing a conbee, we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

Conbee II works with all three. I tried zigbee2mqtt, deconz and settled on ZHA for it being native to HomeAssistant.

Interesting. In theory that is probably the worst place for them with interference but if it works it works! https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/203845040-ZigBee-and-WiFi-Coexistence

Hi Guys
Just wondering what other Zigbee repeaters are available to purchase in Australia or NZ? I need to extend my Zigbee range for some devices in my new house?
cheers

Most mains powered zigbee devices work as repeaters.
In my setup I have mostly Philips hue bulbs and my xiaomi sensors and wallswitches seems to be ok using these.

Smart plugs like those from ikea might work although I think I remember reading somewhere the Ikea plug might not play well with all other brands.

Cool thanks Tim, sounds good that I can use Hue devices as i have a few of these. Thanks heaps

Nice, what are you using to generate that map?

My Zigbee2mqtt and ZigbeeMap seem to have a bunch of orphaned devices, not sure if it’s a network or map generation problem.

From what I have read the geenral answer to this is if everything is working ok then it is just a map generation problem. It is common.

1 Like

I’d read the same, but also like the layout of Tim’s.

That is the default map that deconz generates when you access it via VNC.

I run them on different channels so the Zigbee sits at a different frequency to my WiFi channels. There is probably some small amount of coupling and near field effects, but its not caused any issue to date, been rock solid.

Hey I’m having some troubles getting NUE powerpoints to pair. So interested in how you solved your issue?

What downlights do you guys recommend? I’m thinking of getting some grid connect ones from Bunnings and then running them on the local tuya custom component. I only need 3.

Are there any reasonably priced ZigBee ones as I’d like to not clutter my wifi if possible. From what I can see though all the cheaper ones are wifi