Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Yes Wi-Fi is cheaper, I have about six zigbee lights and happy I went that way.

Sorry that should have been sixty 60.

Iā€™ve got lots of hue bulbs and most of my downlights are just run off smart switches. These ones are for a hallway with 2 way switching but I canā€™t seem to find a smart switch that supports it so I was just going to do the lights instead.

The Brilliantsmart switch mechs support 2 way (or multi way) switching

It just took a long time. I flicked power on and off a number of times at the breaker and also tried turning off and on device joining. I also tried holding down the button to put it into pairing mode for 30 secs even though the led was already blinking. Eventually it paired. I am using zigbee2mqtt so I kept an eye on the log. A lot of the time nothing appeared but sometimes I would get a pairing unsuccessful. It just took a while!

I have got INNR GU10s but I donā€™t recommend them as a couple are whining which is untenable. I would just use a Nue zigbee wall or inline ceiling switch if I did it again.

Having said that if you are only ever going to have 3 bulbs then go for wifi. If you ever might expand in the future then I would say go zigbee as these will act as convenient routers in the future. I have a series of bulbs and wall switches through the house so I am having no problem getting the 30 sensors (to be further expanded) hooked into the mesh.

Thanks I keep persevering. I have been watching the logs and have seen some failed pairing.

Iā€™ve adapted and used Tasmota rather than ESPHome for just these lights. Mainly considering them as they are relatively cheap at the moment.

Its been a few months since Iā€™ve tried, but I could not get zigbee2mqtt to work with my conbee II (replaced the CC2531 with one)
So Iā€™m now using zHA

Iā€™m using the ikea one, works like a charm, also xiaomi smart plugs work as repeaters

Hi @wrcvr4 do have any of the round Xiaomi wireless buttons working with the Conbee and ZHA? I tried to add one and kinda got half a deviceā€¦ it was listed but I couldnā€™t do anything with it, no entity.

I found when trying to pair those buttons with zigbee2mqtt that you have to keep clicking the button every 1-2 seconds after you start the pairing process or it times out.

Might be the same with ZHA?

I know a lot of zigbee buttons show as stateless, so there is no entity created for a switch. If you go to the device itself, you should still be able to create an automation on the press action.

This is an Ikea dimmer through deconz, rather than ZHA, but it should be fairly similar.

Iā€™m just not sure how ZHA deals with the vagaries of the Xiaomi devices. Is there any reason that youā€™re using ZHA rather than phoscon/deconz with the conbee?

It is just because I have some door/window sensors which I couldnā€™t get working with DConz so tried ZHA and they work fine.

No Sorry, I have door/window contacts, temp sensors and a smart plug only with is Xiaomi

So youā€™re not getting an event with the Xiaomi button? You should be able to subscribe to ZHA events in the Developer section to see if anything comes through when you press the button.

After trying again to pair the button, I have it listed and have named it. Iā€™ve also managed to detect it using the zha_event listener in the dev tools. I can see the difference between singe and double clicks but not long_pressā€¦ any ideas?. Thanks guys

I am using zigbee2mqtt. I had an issue with one the other day not seeming to report the long press. I changed my automation to listen for HOLD instead as I could see that come through early on in the logs.

So the SSD died in my Pi :frowning: and I only had a really old backup :sob:

EVERYONE create a backup and copy off the Pi NOW

I have rebuilt and restored an old backup using a VM on my QNAP
zigbee2mqtt is now working with my conbee :slight_smile:

No need.

It happens automatically every night for me. I suggest you set up one of these three options:

To a NAS: Samba Backup: Create and store snapshots on a Samba share

To Goggle Drive: Hass.io Add-on: Hass.io Google Drive Backup

To DropBox: Hass.io Add-on: Upload hassio snapshots to Dropbox

3 Likes

Yeah I highly recommend the google drive backup addon. but if you use a secrets file probably also using github for your config is good.

1 Like