Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks guys

Neither of those look to have energy monitoring ?
Only control

Anyone have any recommendations these days for zigbee power adapters that I can use to extend my zigbee network? I canā€™t seem to find any AU plugsā€¦

The Ikea ones work well, they are like $20. They are actually USB powered plugged into a 1A charger so you can plug them in anywhere that has USB.

Thanks mate, is this the one you mean? It seems to be an actual power plug or am I missing another one on there?

Excuse the ignorance, are all of these Tradfri things zigbee? So I can use any of the bulbs, switches, etc?

No. Sadly, I didnt. Given the initial complexity and other things that stole my attention, Iā€™ve not gone back to look at it. Might have another crack at it sometime.

If you have the time, worth helping out with the battle!

Its a crap photo; that does in fact only show the USB charger. The Zigbee repeater is small, about the size of a box of matches, and it plugs into the charger part.

The right bit is the repeater, you can run it off any USB source.

I believe the Tradfri stuff is yes, I have one of their buttons, as well as the repeaters. I also mix and match them with a heap of Samsung Smartthings one, connected to a USB Zigbee dongle.

1 Like

Sorry I missed that requirement!

I had been wondering the same about the tradfri repeater for a while, and unable to go to Ikea to actually see it!

Now with this explanation, when I look closer at the online listing it says something like ā€œcomes with a power adaptorā€ā€¦ So yes, sounds like a case of terrible product images where they donā€™t show the important part!

Looks like Iā€™ll pick one up when I can travel more than 5km!!

1 Like

I have one working with zigbee2mqtt
Iā€™m just using the supplied charging base

Anyone know if the Bunnings Holman WX8 WiFi 8 station irrigation controller can be monitored or automation controlled in HA ?
It claims some Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, not sure if thatā€™s means HA might control itā€¦

Yep missed that. I donā€™t know of any powerboard with metering.

I emailed them and they said no.

With the closure of Telstraā€™s Smart Home, they will be a dime a dozen.

I have quite a few of them happily on HA. They are made by Sercomm

So the Telstra Smart Home stuff is Zigbee ?
My folks have it, since I do their IT I guess Iā€™ll end up with all that kit.

The Plugs and the door/window sensors are both manufactured by Sercomm and are compatible.

The PIR is from Visonic, itā€™s Zigbee but a proprietary profile so not compatible.

The cameras are wifi and are also from Sercomm and I havenā€™t tried to hack them as I donā€™t have one.

OK, sounds like some stuff to tinker with. Will I need to get a compatible hub or is the Smart Home hub still usable ?

No idea sorry. I use HA with Deconz

Thanks for the tip on the Telstra Smart Home stuff. I picked up some sockets with power monitoring for A$15.00 + $9.00 del on ebayā€¦great price!

Does anyone know if its possible to have a zigbee plug default to on, when power is lost and restored (without HA) ?
I nearly lost a freezer as I did not notice it was off

ESPHome I can set this in firmware, but would rather zigbee ones of cause over wifi