Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

In my case 3 out of 8 have failed in the meantime, all just a little over 12 months of continuous usage.

Keen to hear the answer to thisā€¦ butā€¦ im not holding my breath :confused:

Iā€™ve never had a problem with the Brilliant Smart plugs from Officeworks had a few going for over a year and no failures.

Flash OTA to Tasmota (bought a couple on Tuesday and OTA still worked). Then just set the PowerOnState to 4 through the console (which is turn relays on and disable further relay control).

Just seen a New(ist) range of smart lights from Arlec at Bunnings for $39 eash
has anyone been able to get these working with HA ?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-smart-800-led-bud-lights-with-grid-connect_p0180229
https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-15m-smart-grid-connect-connectable-multi-coloured-led-rope-light_p0180227

Neither of those links work for me.

worked ok for me :slight_smile:

they just sent me to the ā€œour range pageā€

First one worked for me, ropelight didnā€™t.

Pretty keen on the ropelight depending on specs, even if it canā€™t be tuyaā€™d itā€™ll prob work for me in the short term.

seems to be dependant on where you live, set my store to a melbourne one and i can see the first link now

Hi everyone,
Starting a new house build an wanting to go as smart as possible (without going nuts).
I have been running HA for a few years now and have mostly ZigBee devices (IKEA/hue bulbs, Xiaomi sensors) and would like to prevent myself from buying 20-ish ZigBee light bulbs and utilise the LED downlights that the builders will be putting in the build. So Iā€™m searching for a ZigBee based wall switch or something similar. Does anyone know what is certified in AUS or have any experience with them that might be helpful to me?

Also looking at smart locks too. Anyone have any advice on those as well?

As I said, I have my contact sensors, motion sensors and colour bulbs for lamps sorted - itā€™s just the extra bits like smart locks sand wall switches and potentially anything else I havenā€™t though of that I might use/need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Iā€™m doing the same (house build). The only Zigbee wall switch I know of are the Stitchy (search this thread). There is a switch and dimmer. Personally Iā€™m going WiFI for the in-wall light switches, e.g. Shelly 1.

Stitchy is all I have found to. But unsure what prices are. Stitchy also seen to have strip light controllers which I want too.

Havenā€™t seen the Shellyā€™s. Might give them a look

I just asked the builders not to supply lights. Just had them put the socket in the ceiling.

Wall switches are permanently.

I have a mixture of Philips and 3A Smart Home lights

As in recessed E27ā€™s?

The other thing Iā€™m trying to figure out is, if I use in wall switches (like Shelly or Stitchy), do I get push button wall switches so the switch position is never wrongā€¦

i recently installed the smart fan controller in a couple of rooms and they work well

I did come come across the Nue products. Are they certified for use in Aus?

i found the part numbers on global and the sparkie checked the ones i had

Ah nice. I just checked, they have SAA clearance.
Might just have to go these wall plates. 2-birds.
Thanks for the suggestion and comment on experience. Definitely appreciate it.