Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I’m curious as well, I just want to buy a few. Might just have to do it the hard way.

Bit of a long shot, has anyone come across one of these, but with the USB ports on top?

EDIT… finally found an image - like this, but AU plug passthrough:

You mean like these?

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-plug-energy-meter-5v-24a-usb-ports-4-pack/

FYI…the newer firmware they run can not be flashed with Tuya convert (currently). I have older version firmware that was flash-able, they are good plugs.

1 Like

Yes! Although not fussed if they are smart or not - context is I’m using a USB powered z-wave relay to control my two roller doors, but there’s only a DPP in the carport and wanted it to be neat.

Said DPP already has a third switch in the middle for a sensor light, so can’t use a USB insert in there.

I ended up flashing them via serial. soldering is a bit tricky with the location but to be honest i have 4 of them opened soldered and flashed within an hour.

I think these ones at Coles have them on top as well, I’m sure I purchased at some point.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/crest--1-socket-2-usb-port-power-adaptor

1 Like

I have successfully flashed the Deta grid connect light / fan switch with tasmota and it works great from the switch itself. I have been able to add the fan via mqtt into home assistant to switch it on and off but I am struggling to figure out the correct mqtt config for changing speeds. I have used the blakadder template and rule. Any help with the mqtt config for changing speeds would be much appreciated. Thanks.

minir2-5
Hi guys

I’m Daniel from Oikotec home automation www.oikotec.com.au , we certified the Sonoff Dual R2, Sonoff TH16, Sonoff TH10, and Sonoff POW R2. As most of you may know Australia’s regulation is really strict and requires special testing for these products to be certified. Even though these Sonoff products are great on quality and affordable we don’t think they completely fulfill all customers’ requirements as they miss the option to connect an external wall switch.

For this reason, we want to certify the new Sonoff miniR2 which is much smaller and allows the connection of an external switch. We strongly believe this is the perfect product for all Australia and New Zealand markets. However, Itead doesn’t believe there is a big market in Australia. Please help us to show them that we love Sonoff products and we look forward to getting them certified in Australia.

Please sign and share this petition with any Australian you belive can be interested in these products

http://chng.it/vLscJMnr8c

4 Likes

Happy to do so, I’d certainly purchase some if they really can meet the safety / electrical standards

signed , we need more options, Australia is one of the quickest to take up new tech if it is available.

Have managed to get the config to the point where I can now control the speeds in HA but does not look like HA knows what speed it is running. I assume this is done through the speed value template in the config. Any ideas how this should look?
Thanks

did you have any luck with this? I’m not able to find GPIO0? I am only seeing GPIO 12, 15, 16.

Perhaps a photo of the electronics?

Has anyone tried this grid connect smart plug with energy monitoring? (https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-plug-in-socket-with-energy-meter_p0135442), if so, does the energy consumption sensor work in HA/Tuya or is it simply a switch only? Thnx

1 Like

I’ve got this one, but without flashing to tasoma there’s no easy way to get power usage. Also this model won’t work with tuya-convert so you have to manually flash it

I didn’t look very well, I found GPIO0. It’s on the opposite side…

1 Like

Thank Linus, good to know

Any luck flashing? I have not had any success after many attempts!

I managed to flash the kogan diffuser with tuya-convert, but i’m struggling to find the template that works.
Can anyone please suggest a template that works for these diffusers?
thanks