Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Those were only UK based firmware updates (according to TP-Link anyway). Although to be honest, I don’t even think I’ll use the smart component of it… I’m not sure why I even bought it, beyond just wanting to see the quality of it. At $50, for only three points and now power monitoring, I don’t particularly think they’re great value.

Hey all

just asking for some assistance. have used local tuya to put 2 pwr points into HA. Both work (on and off) However one of them is a ‘with Energy Meter Function’ which I think I have screwed up. Can anyone please advise what the correct DP id settings to the entitry and how to then have those show up on the lovelace card.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter,

Think they are values 18, 19, and 20 for current, consumption and Voltage respectively.

If it works, they will come up as attributes against the switch.

HI Ben,

yep thats what ive got them on. Im seeing Current 0, Current consumption 0 and Voltage 241.6

My guess is that either its not working (for current and consumption) or the device (an 8 port dumb switch with no rj45s in use) is not drawing enough power to register.

Im not home atm so when I am I will plug a decent load into it and see.

Some new and very stylish Z-Wave capacitive touch wall switches, Aussie and NZ certified
https://www.smarthome.com.au/hogar-z-wave-touch-panel-switch.html

1 Like

Why do they always put advertising text on nice looking panels? Ruins the whole thing :frowning:

Hi Ben

All good. question though. the ernergy readings … are they able to be shown in a card (or used as a sensr input) or are they just ornamental.

$189 for a single / $219 for a double, holy baby jebus!

2 Likes

It does appear to be gold trimmings … :grin:

To be fair, the pictures show a very minimal brand name. Nothing like most.

I get to join the “My Kogan v1 smart plug died” club :slight_smile: and am now looking for some more smart plugs, preferably with energy monitoring.
Can anyone confirm if they have flashed the TP-Link KP115 ones?
I know it was said they don’t “require” flashing, but I have a number of Tasmota devices and would like to keep using this for local control instead of another (Internet-based?) integration. Thanks.

I am staring at my switch controlling 5 lights - imagine what they’d charge for that.

Left kidney, slightly worn is acceptable.

Can anyone please confirm if the RCM logo is on Shelly Devices bought from local suppliers and not on devices bought from Shelly Europe Store ?

“We’ve come for your liver, then.”

Superhouse.tv flashing guide for tasmota was published yesterday. Tuya to Tasmota: DETA 6922HA

FYI, don’t throw out your faulty Kogan V1 smart plugs. I hope to have a simple repair guide published in the next couple of weeks. I suspect an issue but won’t know for sure until I get home to test this.

This is for units that have not catastrophically failed with black soot inside, as a few have been reported here. Just if your plug has dropped wifi connection and refuses to reconnect without any visible damage inside.

2 Likes

These things are pretty competitive in price, and also they have a gateway now that is launched which is compatible with alexa and google.

They will be releasing API soon so someone who actually knows what they are doing can integrate with HA… (not me…)

Well that excludes all of mine then!

How many is all of them Dave?