Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Anyone seen these in the flesh or integrated them to HA? Seems like they’re Zigbee from what I can tell.

They’re the Legrand Excel Life range

Hoping someone has some bright ideas here.

Bought 3 of the Antsig Grid Connect Smart IR Universal Remote Controller from Bunnings.

Flashed Tasmota IR on all 3, configured the same. Irhvac works perfectly. However when I point the same remote at all three, one correctly picks up TOSHIBA_AC, the other two come back with UNKNOWN PROTOCOL. I can’t for the life of me work out what I’ve done differently.

Any bright ideas?

I know this is pretty old but do not trust Chinese products with the CE mark. They can make it look similar to the CE mark but have small differences in dimensions and it does not mean the product is certified. Some will even claim it is just a “China Export” mark. I’ve seen a few fake CE marks and it can be very difficult to tell the difference between genuine and fake at a quick glance.
Australian products need to be certified by the Australian regulator. Even genuine CE certification is to allow the product to be sold in European Economic Area.
As a note: CE documentation is not recognised at all by Australian law, so cannot be used as a basis for compliance. A product must be certified by the Australian process.

Refer to : https://www.saaapprovals.com.au/resources/frequently-asked-questions/#:~:text=Is%20an%20overseas%20approval%20or,as%20a%20basis%20for%20compliance.

IMG_0696
:grinning: (sorry I’ve been waiting to use this)

Aidbish covered the difference between Chinese CE and European CE two posts after the one you replied to.

1 Like

Not quite a necroposter. The thread is still alive lol.
That said, I did reread and see the post I had missed, but I won’t delete my post. I’ll just accept what was done :slight_smile:

The “China Export” is also a questionable thing. In 2008 the European Commission advised it was unaware of any China Export mark and that the misunderstanding had arisen from a Chinese manufacturer using the incorrect dimensions for the CE mark.

That said, I still believe it is a way they use to fake CE things :slight_smile:

Once you go flashing firmware you’re kind of on your own. Could be any one of … well virtually infinite things that can go wrong during a flash process.
Unfortunately I am not helpful I know.
I would suggest flash the original firmware back to the device if you kept a copy of it, see if it works and if it doesn’t maybe try to send it back as a warranty return.

I got the Brilliant smart twin security light sort of working with localTuya…!

Add a Binary sensor on DPS 108 for the motion detection and your into a working state…
What I have DPS wise:
Name, DPS, value range, Note
Brightness 101, 25-255
Lux 102, 600-2000 <= Sensor Config???(Not used)
Time 103, 10-600 <= Sensor Config(Not used)
Mode 104,0,1,2 <= Auto, Override, Flash
Colour Warmth 105,0-255 <= Reversed compared to ui component
Sensitivity 106 0,1,2 <= Sensor Config(Not used)
State 107 0,1 <= Motion detect on/off (Turns light on when motion detected, off when clear)
Motion 108 0,1 <= Motion Sensor
Looks like it really needs a custom platform to control it properly, but at least it’s a start! And quite like how you get the motion detection sensor on this one!

5 Likes

My Xiaomi Smartmi smart toilet crapped itself after about 2.5 years like others experienced on this thread.

I’m thinking about replacing it with a Bunnings one (Evekare Smart Bidet Toilet Seat) like some others mentioned:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/evekare-smart-bidet-toilet-seat-with-wireless-remote-control_p0117213

I wonder if the remote is RF or infrared? RF would make things a bit easier. Looks like you have to be sitting on the can for most/all of the commands to work.

Might then be able to create a firehose inferno for some users and a gentle sprinkle for others. And cold water only if you’ve been bad etc. That would be fun.

2 Likes

Bravo :clap:!

2 Likes

:weight_lifting_man: People poo-poo it, but I don’t care what anyone says, toilet humour is the highest form of humour…

Dumb question, I have some Kogan smart plugs running esphome, I want to move them to another house with a different wifi password. I guess I need to update them using USB, but fucked if I can remember how. Any help appreciated :grimacing:

What did you flash them with?

ESPHome:

• do an OTA update of the wifi settings just before taking them from your old place.

Tasmota:

• use the web interface to update the wifi settings just before taking them from your old place.

Esphome … OTA doesn’t work because after compilation it tries to upload with the IP of the new house and fails

You can OTA by using --device old_ip_address

Or add this to your wifi config:

• use_address (Optional, string): Manually override what address to use to connect to the ESP. Defaults to auto-generated value. Example, if you have changed your static IP and want to flash OTA to the previously configured IP address.

https://esphome.io/components/wifi.html#configuration-variables

And while you’re there, maybe add some captive portal configuration - just in case…

Office Works are no longer supplying Brilliant power monitoring smart plugs. What’s the next go-to on this never ending search for easily flash-able / locally controllable devices?

I have these (1, 2 and 3 gang versions) all through the house and am pretty happy with them. All flashed with Tasmota.

Hey Tom, I have been using a zigbee smart plug - the ex-Telstra smart plugs can be bought for around $15 on eBay and include monitoring and switching, plus they are also a repeater. They seem to work well for me.
Link here

1 Like

Yeah I’ve begun using Zigbee and am quite impressed. So that is an option over wifi.