3 x Grid Feed Phases
3 x Consumption Phases

1. Internal Meterboard with 12 channels on major appliances

This is where i have 26 Circuit breakers

Will post pics tomorrow

Craig

Craig

1 Like

Anyone know if these are safe to use here? They seem like the best value zigbee RGB downlights, if not which ones are OK to use?

They wont be image given that they are from China and most likely don’t have an Australian Certificate of Compliance / Conformity. You could search the model etc for a certificate but I strongly doubt one exists, they would normally advertise so if it did.

thanks @sparkydave - are there any that we know that are safe for use here? (to our standards at least?)

1 Like

Sorry that might not be zigbee, but there are a number of au/nz certified devices on zemismart, including zigbee.

Any Australian seller should have certified equipment.

these ones?

This one is listed as having an AU plug, but that still doesn’t mean it is certified.

If you need a wifi RGB downlight that is Australian certified then the arlec grid connect one from bunnings is not too bad.
Arlec Grid Connect Smart 9W RGB+CCT LED Downlight
I have one along with the cct only versions and use them with the local tuya integration. I didn’t mean to get a rgb one but they are only $4 more and didn’t even realize it was different until I had installed it and noticed the colour option.
The dimming on these doesn’t go very low. Might be equivalent to 40%. This seems to be a common problem with cheaper dimming led lights.

My original plan was to use a Shelly dimmer 2 behind the wall switch with the arlec sim Mabel led downlights but I ran out of time to order one.

Arlec Grid Connect Smart 9W CCT LED Downlight

Arlec 9W Tri Colour Dimmable LED Downlight

There are also these from Aldi this Saturday. I’ve got no idea if they are any good…

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-25-september/saturday-detail-wk38/ps/p/smart-led-downlight-8w/

I am going to ask this here because I would rather buy something locally than wait for Wish or Ali to ship it.

I am in need of a good wifi outdoor motion sensor to go on the front of my garage, so my driveway lights will turn on.

Wifi because zigbee fails down at the garage and there is no suitable midpoint to plug in a zigbee router. There is however good wifi there.

Powered is OK because I can easily get power to the point on the wall and drill a hole through.

Waterproof is a must as it is obviously outside and there are no eaves on the front of the garage.

Not an off-the-shelf solution but you could use a normal sucurity system motion sensor and wire the contact to an input on and ESP. Using a small enough ESP board you should be able to fit it inside the motion sensor housing. They just need 12V dc which you should be able to sort out if you have power nearby.

I suggest Paradox brand. They are really good, I have them throughout my house and had them in my last two houses as well (I used to be a security installer many years ago). The DG-85 is outdoor rated with a proper rubber sealed enclosure. They would definitely fit a small ESP inside too. Just don’t buy them from AliExpress as they are fake and false alarm all time. I tried that once and had to throw 2 in the bin.

I’ve bought from these guys before and they were great.

The bonus of using an ESP in there is that you could also throw a temp sensor or something on it as well.

3 Likes

I’m no electrician, but a standard outdoor PIR connected to the switch input of a Shelly 1 may do the job.

Thanks @sparkydave, that is interesting.

You say it takes a 12v input. I take it the output will be at a similar level and will need stepping down or a voltage divider to bring it to the needed 3.3v for the ESP’s input?

@scotty1395 that is certainly worthy of consideration too.

It would have voltage free relay contacts you could use.

They have a relay contact so you can switch any voltage up to it’s rated limit. If you were to put a DC-DC converter in there to power the ESP then you could just use that 3.3V directly through the relay and back to the ESP input.

I’m looking for an option for control and power monitoring on a double outdoor powerpoint. Anyone had any experience with any of:

• Mercator Ikuu Smart WiFi Isaac Double Outlet Outdoor Power Point IP54 ($79)
  • Mercator Smart Zigbee Isaac Double Outlet Outdoor Power Point IP54 ($89)
  • Deta Grid Connect Smart Outdoor Double Powerpoint (6294HA) ($73)

The Mercator Ikuu ones aren’t listed in the Blakadder Zigbee supported list but a few of their other devices are - so not sure if it’s just nobody has tried it out as yet.

My other option may be to get a Shelly 2.5 and try and put it into a double external powerpoint (which is separately switched - something like https://connectedswitchgear.com.au/our-range/splash-weatherproof-series/socket-outlets-splash-weatherproof-series-2/double-weatherproof-socket-outlet-10a-new-style)

Anyone have any tips?

Not a direct experience of those, but the Shelly 2.5 works well and is AU/NZ certified.

EDIT I meant putting it behind/inside one of these https://www.bunnings.co.nz/deta-rhodium-plated-outdoor-double-outlet-powerpoint_p4331292

Will likely require a cloud service unless you can flash it.

Should work in theory.

Will need a cloud service unless you can flash it.

I think it would be very tight trying to fit a Shelly in one of those along with the wiring, not forgetting that when you add things like Shelly’s you end up with a lot more wires because they have to go in, then out twice (to each outlet)

Also, as a side note: Deta branded gear is absolute crap from a general quality point of view. They have tried to copy Clipsal in the appearance of many items but they are far inferior.