Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

…but the Brilliant ones are still cheaper and work with Tuya-Convert (at least the batch I bought did…)

1 Like

Agree 100%, I love them. I’m just thinking ahead as the guy at Stafford Bunnings told me last week that the half box they had left on display were all they had, and they wouldn’t be restocking them.

I’ve got 20 Brilliant plugs flashed and stashed now, but you never know when you will need an extra one.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I know this is unrelated but wanted to know what you guys use for a bin collection reminder/sensor with alternating bins every week how we have it in Oz?

This is my council’s site with (fake) address entered but same street.

https://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/DiscoverYourArea?cat=City%20Improvement|Event|Library|Park%20and%20Recreation|Child%20Care%20Service|Arts%20and%20Culture|Aquatics%20Fitness%20and%20Indoor%20Sports%20Centre|Community%20Facility|Animal%20Care%20Facility|Stadium%20and%20Athletics|Other&GeoLocationId=8eade5fd-d92e-4f25-bc1a-20a93d21f1f3&sub=Campbelltown&fadd=2%20Rosalind%20Crescent%20CAMPBELLTOWN%20NSW%202560&dlv_LV%20Public%20My%20Neighbourhood=(dd_Content%20Type=City%20Improvement|Event|Library|Park%20and%20Recreation|Child%20Care%20Service|Arts%20and%20Culture|Aquatics%20Fitness%20and%20Indoor%20Sports%20Centre|Community%20Facility|Animal%20Care%20Facility|Stadium%20and%20Athletics|Other)(dd_Suburb=Campbelltown)

a simple automation will handle that. see my package here

2 Likes

Cheers mate, that should work great.

I’ve changed the dates on the sensor template and the only way to test it is when bin day comes :smiley:

Just make sure the date is the date of collection for the type. So in my case, the 21/01/2019 was the day before collection for recycling bin and 22/01/2019 was the day of collection… so just alter your date to suit and it will trigger every 2 weeks from that date… same for the green bin ones. Our collection is the same day every week (Tuesday Night) and alternates weeks between green and recycling bin.

Correct, that’s what I’ve done. Thank you very much

Keen to see how you’ve set it up in lovelace to show you what bin it is for the current week?

see here for lovelace see line 733. It’s a conditional card so it only pops up on Monday for tomorrow and Tuesday for Today.

1 Like

BTW - “cheaper” but fiddlier option here https://notenoughtech.com/home-automation/flashing-cc2531-without-cc-debugger/

I’m going to pick up a pack of these in the next few days. They are 433 RF plugs, so will work with OMG. Basic on/off functionality, 4 for $45 is perfect.

It’s also worth noting that Officeworks carry the Brilliant plugs, and will price match + 5% discount for anything stocked elsewhere cheaper, meaning you can get them for $14.25 each at Officeworks :slight_smile:

@1972rx2 @sparkydave how did you go with the Zemismart downlights? how did you flash them, with tuya convert? have a couple of these, hoping to do the same if you can give me a shove in the right direction?

Ordered and had delivered from Officeworks 4 Brilliant plugs and got my first batch that won’t flash with tuya-convert.

The only difference I can see in the packaging and the switch itself is this. The top switch flashed (batch from Bunnings) Bottom one marked with SM1219, from Officeworks, will not.

I used Tuya-Convert with no problems and then loaded the .bin file I compiled from ESPHome. I put them into flashing mode by using the instructions that came with them…on-off-on 3-5 times?
I then grouped them together so they are always dimmed and the same color. They look really good!
Good Luck!

Good to hear! I haven’t opened my delivery of them yet but looking forward to it this coming weekend :slight_smile:

thanks! ill give it a go then. hopefully it goes as smoothly for me

I ended up picking up 7 of the Zemismart downlights also, thanks for the heads up and supplied configuration @1972rx2! :+1:

Don’t know if @1972rx2 experienced this but after flashing with ESPHome when toggled via HA would cycle through colours before turning on or off.

A simple power cycle fixed the issue (if not testing before installing you wouldn’t notice). Believe I had a similar issue with the Mirabella Genio bulbs I purchased. Something to do with the flash jumbles things around requiring a reboot.

Sorry, forgot to mention that. Digiblur mentions you need to power cycle lights after flashing. All good after that, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Holy mackerel those prices

Reminds me of the old days with Control4

Just finished up flashing with ESPHome one of the Mirabella Genio IR controller from Kmart.
These can be used as alternatives to the Broadlink mini/rm or additional IR commanders.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-smart-ir-universal-remote-controller/2622812

They can be flashed using tuya-convert or by directly attaching to the required header pins inside (requires triangle security screwdriver to open).

Shoutout to @ Radebe2k for initial Tasmota config.

ESPhome config if any interested

esphome:
  name: esphome_ir1
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m
  on_boot:
    priority: 100 
    then:
      - light.turn_on: light_red_led
wifi:
  ssid: 'ssid'
  password: 'wifipassword'