Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Could you post this please :slight_smile:

edit:: Is it this?

yeah mate thats it

1 Like

Any luck flashing these? Iā€™d like to get the power board :smiley:

Also would like to know if these can be flashed (preferably with esphome)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/tp-link-white-smart-wi-fi-wall-plug-with-energy-monitoring_p0090977

I know the kogan ones are cheaper but Iā€™m after something asap

The TP-link plugs are already intergrated in HA via a component, so work out of the box. I have a couple of the HS-100ā€™s, they work very well in HA.

You can flash the Arlec plugs if you feel like pulling them apart and soldering some wires.

Great, thanks mate.
I guess I can do the tuyaconvert OTA using my HA pi :smiley:

The difficult part is how to know the GPIO settings for this board?

The closest I could find was this
http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/other/sold-as-lefun-other/

The HS-110 should be able to handle a washing machine or dryer load right?

Edit: Yes they can :smiley:
https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/smart-plug/hs110/#specifications

The TP-Link HS100/110 smart plugs are rated for a maximum load of 10A and power of 3.68KW (3680W). So yes, I use them for ours without any issue.

1 Like

I could not get tuya-convert to work on my Arlec plug. If you have more luck, let me know.
It should not be too difficult to get it flashed by adding some wires. You need a triangle screwdriver!

good luck

Thanks kanga_who and cryptelli for the confirmation

Roland
I havenā€™t bought one yet, was waiting for your to one of you guys to confirm it working first lol
Did you try the tuya convert OTA or wires method?

My biggest challenge I think is figuring out the GPIO settings once flashed.

Not overly keen on getting one as I have a few RF plugs from Aldi going back years ago that are serving me well. No HA status on/off but we donā€™t operate these switches via the button/remote anyway

I donā€™t have any of the Arlec devices yet, keen to get my hands on the smart power board though and try flashing it with ESPHome.

Iā€™d be soldering wires to the chip directly and not worrying about tuya-convert.

Trial and error my friend.

I heard you can brick the device with GPIO trial and error :grin:

But I guess thatā€™s half the fun!

Just saw this in my google News feed, Brilliant ā€˜smartā€™ downlights at Also:

Iā€™ve just spent ages trying to flash some of these Zemismart downlights with Tuya-convert without success. Any tips? I power cycled the downlight until it started flashing on and off rapidly which Iā€™m guessing is ā€˜pairing modeā€™ but the Tuya-convert script doesnā€™t seem to be detecting the downlight. The thing is though, the light stops flashing on and off, suggesting that itā€™s doing something. Waiting doesnā€™t seem to workā€¦

Roughly how long are you waiting for? I know mine after they stopped flashing the tuya-convert script still had dots going across and then all of a sudden it launched into the backup stage.

I must have left it for at least 10 mins on one attempt. I was actually surprised it didnā€™t time outā€¦

funny. the Brilliant app is all nicely branded. Google play privacy note points to tuyaā€¦

Anyone tried these?

Iā€™m looking for a smart light fan combo. I think these are tuya compatible, so should integrate with HA

I got one of the power boards and cracked it open.

It does have Tuya TYWE2S and I can trace the pins to solder power to it without desoldering the board.

To get it into flash mode you have to short GPIO0 to GND which is easily accessible.

The problem I have is my soldering skills are armature at best and soldering to 3v and ground is complicated because the spacing between the pins is mineute and I could easily cross solder them

I obviously cannot flash while plugging into the mains so Iā€™m out of ideasā€¦

Any ideas or is there an alternative way to get this damn thing into flash mode?

Edit:
There is a button on the board that you can press and hold for 5 seconds and the light starts flashing, so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s in flash mode, but the OTA method does not detect it. I guess these boards have already been patched

Edit 2: So I soldered an ftdi to the board and grounded GPIO0 like the instructions here, I canā€™t seem to get it into flashmode no matter what I tried

Keen to see test results from more advanced flasher gurus :slight_smile:

I have a lot of led ceiling lights that support both leading and trailing edge dimming. They are all 240v with individual drivers. Currently have Shelly or sonoff behind these. I can control on and off via the original wall switch and also via mqtt.

I have a question about the zwave / zigbee dimmers that are available for au/NZ.

Do they support dimming at the switch using a dial. Iā€™d like to have smart switches with dimming via a dial.

I havenā€™t yet seen one with a dial but thatā€™s not to say they donā€™t exist. My z-wave dimmers are set up to use a single momentary button (but can be set to use individual up and down buttons) where I can press it quickly for on/off control (turns on to previous dimmer setting) or hold for dimming up and down.

Hi @sparkydave, could you share some more info on your zwave setup. Iā€™m looking to get zwave dimmers and Iā€™m not sure if I should go the Aeotec or the Fibaro. Iā€™m also interested in how you have connected to Home Assistant, did you directly connect using a usb dongle or use something like a Vera Edge and then interface with that?