Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Maybe so but my link is for an Australian seller….if that matters to someone.

@nickrout Is this device a Zigbee 3.0 router?

How are you finding the T-Lock if you still have it? Circumstances have changed and thinking I’ll chuck one on the side door to replace the deadlock.

No issues at all. Works out of the box with Zigbee2mqtt now.

2 Likes

Cheers. For $100 it’ll be a good test for future HomeKey devices as far as workflow.

That door also has a key in the handle so will still have to carry a key in case someone accidentally locks it on the way out…

Regarding this about the NUE dual dimmer:

I just tested an external converter for zigbee2mqtt (that Koen was kind enough to supply) that works and created a PR to update the herdsman converter so it should be fixed in the next release.

Yes it is.

@sparkydave sorry to @ you specifically I just recognise you might be the best to give me advice on this white substance I posted earlier (what I’ve replied to)

This is on my latest liquidate-IT tlock

It looks like corrosion as you mentioned. Try spraying it clean with some electrical contact cleaner.

1 Like

Are these still able to be flashed with tasmota?

Not sure but a new exploit for flashing alternate firmware is available and it has quite a few lights already:

1 Like

I guess the only way to know is to get one and see!

Interesting. from what I can read there (and perhaps I haven’t read enough) this is for tuya devices running a bk7231 chip. It retains the existing firmware for the moment, but cuts it off from the cloud, and controllable by various apps, something called tinytuya or homeassistant localtuya. There is a hope of alternate firmwares in the future.

This is certainly all good, but not as good as being able to flash your own firmware like esphome. It could certainly do with its own thread here.

I ended up just using local tuya for now. Ill try and give tuya-cloudcutter a go when I get more time. Ive looked around but Id love to see a video giving a better explanation on the process.
These new chips must be cheap if they are replacing the already dirt cheap esp’s

The cynic in me says that they replaced them to stop us lot putting our own firmware on them, and depriving them of a revenue stream.

Not cynic, realist.
But yeah people have been working on the ‘new’ chips for a while. I read this when it was published but didn’t want to get too excited
https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3850712.html

Yeah but surely me not using their servers is saving them money. :money_mouth_face:

Your data is the product!

1 Like

Fair point :smiley:

Plus by luring people into their ecosystem they hope that you continue to buy only their products.

2 Likes