Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

and now I can’t get the dimmer back into zigbee mode, stuck in BLE mode. F$%^ this.

Ah, that’s annoying. Hopefully they fix that with a future firmware upgrade?

They sell with the old house I’m afraid

Bummer. Where abouts in QLD ?

I’m in Brisbane

Cool, any chance you can DM me some pics of the devices you have at the property ?

I’ve got a friend there.

She’s an A Grade electrician that can swap them over for the right price.

I was at the Melbourne home show over the weekend and saw a stand from this company.

www.interfree.com.au.

I can’t find much more about it other than they do ZigBee and wifi. Prices weren’t bad, the person I was speaking do didn’t know about HA. (Not surprised)

Has anyone seen these under a different brand name and/or had success with HA integration?

Thanks

In the Features for a switch it states “Button or touch”. Do they have real buttons? (Wife needs real buttons)

Their website sucks balls. The shop doesn’t work at all. How much were the switches, outlets etc? Question is, do they work with other ZigBee controllers…?

1 Like

Yes the website definitely does suck. Calling it " Z-FREE" is stoopid too

Exactly. I was hunting around to see if it meant they offered Z-Wave… no.

No ability to buy online, broken website code. Teething problems, I guess.

Hi thanks for the link but it just links to the web site not a specific product.

Probably because that post is 3 years old, the product likely doesn’t exist. But if you want a specific device, just ask for ideas.

My 1st gen (I only have one), shorted out after about 4 months. The replacement from Kevin seems robust, but it’s only been 12 months. It’s installed in a carport away from the house.
I’ve got a mix of products throughout the house, but Zigbee seems to work the best, especially with later releases of router/coordinator firmware and the zzh! sticks. Ikea’s zigbee globes and Mercator downlights would be my preference if I was moving house.

I’ve replaced all but 3 Wiz WiFi ES globes with Ikea zigbee globes. I have around 12 Mercator Downlights and gu10, 4 Nu Downlights, 4 Brilliant wifi, that have been reflashed to Tasmota (no longer possible), 7 Lifx globes. The mix of hardware just reflects the evolution of testing and settling on what works best for me. Conclusion: WiFi globes suck in my house, even with WAP’s.

I use a combo of Hue motion sensors, Ikea Remotes or RGBGenie Color or 4 Zone Dimmer remotes, rather than replacing the wallplates.

By using remote buttons, the house is safe to let other people live in it, without worrying about Home Assistant having a tizzy while we are away.

Pretty sure it used to link to the Brilliant Smart plug but they aren’t stocked by Bunnings anymore. As Nick said, the link is / was 3 years old. They likely aren’t flashable anymore either.

1 Like

What’s the goto Zigbee 3.0 repeater device for Aus?

I just took delivery of a tubes router yesterday, Zigbee Routers | Tube's ZB Store and I already had one.

If you are looking just as a router it is great, doesn’t matter whether you are in Oz or Timbuktu.

If you want, say, a mains switch or plug that doubles as a router of course you need something with AU/NZ certification.

I am using one of these which is working very well CC2531 ANTENNA Zigbee2MQTT ROUTER Firmware + 3D Print Case BLACK | eBay

CC2531 is not a patch on the CC2652P2.