Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I have a few local tuya lights, not really keen to pull them apart to flash.

Actually got a couple wiz lights the other day from bunnings. They work quite nicely. They integrate without signing up for the app. I would get a few more of those, before local tuya ones.

A kettle also, although I just flashed that because local tuya was being annoying with it.

yeah thats a step too far for me lol - whats the use case? convince me!

It’s my favourite device honestly. I have widget on my home screen. Boil the kettle before I get there.

1 Like

Got a link?

They come in White or Black

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-white-grid-connect-smart-plug-in-socket-with-energy-meter_p0273367

2 Likes

Oh I missed this. :nauseated_face:

Just say no to Tuya.

2 Likes

They look strikingly similar to the brilliant ones.

Whats wrong with local?

It’s still Tuya.

2 Likes

I will let you know when it breaks… :stuck_out_tongue:

The Wiz lights seem fine but their plugs drop off the network at least daily from my experience.

It’s not their reliability, it’s their refusal to allow local control and their active hammering of efforts to do so. They are the worst kind of IoT company and you should not support them and boycott their products.

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed any drop off’s yet…
They have been pretty solid when connected for extended durations. Although I haven’t tried the wiz plugs, didn’t know they were a thing actually.

They get switched on/off at the switch abit so I wouldn’t be prepared to say it doesn’t happen though.

Howdy. Can anyone recommend an under floor heating solution for a bathroom?

I don’t have a specific recommendation but from what I can tell resistive electric underfloor heating is about 200W/m3. So depending on how big your bathroom is you could just use a Shelly. If it’s too much for a Shelly you could look at using a relay to switch the larger load controlled by a Shelly.

The SHELLY PLUS 1PM is good for 16a. That should do a decent sized bathroom.

Thanks. I had assumed they came with a thermostat so was looking for one with local control. Will investigate if a Shelley is a viable option.

When I had underfloor heating it came with a pretty basic thermostat, no doubt there are HA usable ones now. I think the standard ones measured the temp of the floor tiles and switched based on that temp, but it may make more sense to do it on room temp, or both.

I am talking about something like this Beok Under Floor Heating Thermostat TGR85-ZB Zigbee compatibility but not sure where to find a NZ/AU certified one. Perhaps Bunnings?

I have a Control4 Dimmer on a 6 gang downlight circuit (also has a button press switch) and a Control4 puck on one light (non dimmable) circuit. I am looking at replacing them with different Zigbee 3.0 products. I now run ZHA Home assistant. Any alternative suggestions that are Aus compliant? thanks

I have done a fair bit of searching and suspect I already know the answer… but does anyone know of a zigbee version of the Shelly i3 (or Shelly 1 with detached mode) that has cert here?

The cheapest I can find is the ozsmartthings white labelled zigbee device (which is a relay anyway), and they haven’t responded to my enquiry of if they support detached mode.

I want to swap my shellys for an identical zigbee product to use zigbee binding with hue bulbs. I currently have the Shelly running in detached mode, which is fine, but had my first hiccup where my home assistant lost power and the lights were stuck on while I was at work and couldn’t fix it.

I currently use iconic plates with bell press mechs, so long press support is also valuable.