Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Yes. The dial is an “infinite scroll” type knob.
The dimming is done by the electronics and firmware.

Wow nice. One other question. Does it appear as an end point router ?

Thanks so much.

I don’t really know what that means sorry.

I use the LocalTuya integration I linked above so it appears in HA as a dimmable light, if that’s what you mean?

does it act as a repeater or not sometimes power devices still don’t act as repeaters

Maybe cause you’re using tuya you can’t see it. On zig2mqtt it does show you I believe

I just received most of my blinds and immediately took apart a remote to see how easy it would be to interface to it.

Very, very easy as it turns out.

None of the keypad switches are multiplexed (all short GND to an individual I/P). I looked up the N52810 IC (only one on the board) to see if I could power the remote from 3.3V instead of the 3V Li button cell - that’s a yes too.

So my fancy SMD ESP32 13x optocoupler PCBs will have to wait for another project (was good to get some SMD soldering practice though). I can just use open drain outputs directly from the ESP32. I could probably even use 3.3V logic outputs as the remote will be powered from the same 3.3V supply, but I won’t.

The N52810 IC looks promising for reverse engineering later too. It’s a Bluetooth SoC (system on a chip) with very good documentation.

It’s going to be an interesting weekend. Well, after all the frigging around installing the blinds that is.

1 Like

Been a while since I last posted but wanted to updated to let you guys know that the OZSmartThings v2 smart plugs have been working without issue so far same with that non certified version I bought to test long term prior.

The light switches from them that I installed are also working without issues so far, I may look into swapping out my power sockets for the ones they have at somepoint as well to have it all match in the home etc.

That is great news … however it would be more useful to know how long “so far” is - the end of warranty, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, longer ?

Personally my 2 TP-Link HS110’s are still working (must be 3 years now), one of my 2 KP-115’s and one of my 5 Arlec PC191HA’s have failed. I have been watching this and other forums for suggestions on quality smart plugs which aren’t too expensive. Recently added narrow to fit side-by-side, and zigbee to my wish list … but no winner yet.
I have just bought another 4-pack of Arlec PC191HA’s since the AUS$55 price is low enough to feel OK about throwing them away after 2 years.

I’m selling a bunch of Lifx GU10 RGB smart bulbs on ebay at the moment. These are discontinued so if you need spares check it out.

29 x used and 3x 1x new in box (2x new sold already).

The light switches I bought and installed on Jan 12th and the smart plugs I got delivery Feb 7th, so 1 and 2 months respectively thus far. I will update again at the 6 month and full year mark. Most products start to fail a the 30, 60 and 90 day periods.

To save on some scrolling for folks its these specificially:

I still have my 4 tuya based lenovo ones that I just slapped onto the power board I have at my side desk for non primary devices I want to control.

hi all - Ikuu support are quite slow to respond and cryptic.

am I right in saying this should be able to be wired to a reed contact sensor? i am renovating and want to run wired contact sensors to my doors and i’m thinking this is the neatest solution Inline Switch (compatible with momentary press) | Ikuü

I don’t have a security system with these wired - i could install one yes but i’m thinking this is better. (I run frigate)

Thank you
thank you

I wouldn’t go using those for monitoring doors. They run on 240Vac which is not really something you want for reed switches on doors.

If you want to hard-wire door sensors you could use a few strategically places ESP’s and wire the reed switches to those. It would be cheaper and you could also use them for BLE tracking, motion sensors, temp sensors etc.

2 Likes

Thank you. So any esp?
Much appreciated

Grab an ESP32-S3 since it’s nice and powerful and has Bluetooth.

Nice.will check. Tho I have zigbee so may look for something that has that. Appreciate your help

In that case just use normal Zigbee door sensors… but you wanted hard-wired… :man_shrugging:

you could obviously crack open the Zigbee door sensor and wire it to a reed switch flush mounted into the door frame if your main plan was to keep them hidden, but then replacing the battery in the hidden location might be a pain.

yeah i want hard wired so i dont have to have batteries anymore mainly.

The issue with the ESP at the door is how to power it. I have looked for a mains powered device that has isolated low voltage switching but found nothing.

Other than running low voltage to each location which is what I gave done it might be best to run cables from each door back to a central location and use something like one of the Kincony boards with lots of inputs to do the sensing at one place.

Yeah that’s what I did with ESPHome and an i/o expander.

i can do this. as its all gong to be open ready for my sparky. going to look at kincony - haven’t seen these!

That would be cheaper as the Kincony boards are quite $$$ and probably what I would do as I like to play with hardware.

But a single board with Ethernet, a bunch of inputs and some relays is nice.