Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

The IR blaster they have looks identical to the YTF one (HERE), will be interested to see what the HN markup is. When they can’t sell them for $50 each, they will have a fire sale and get rid of them for $15 in 6-12 mths, so best to wait and see I think.

The 3-gang light switch looks identical to the Zemismart switch listed on the Tasmota page. IE:

and

1 Like

Tuya Christmas lights are in at your local kmart!

They also have vintage style wifi globes (but I can’t get mine to work) and E14 size candle style bulbs !

2 Likes

Flashed with ESPhome yet…? :laughing:

No vintage style at the one near my parents (Marion SA) :frowning_face:

Was hoping to get some for bedside lamps, the Hue Ambiance at 1% is still a tad bright sometimes.

1 Like

Ill probably pickup a few different things in the coming weeks to toy with hahahaa

Im curious how they did the laser thing, is it just a relay over the mains? lol

If it’s a standard Tuya chipset I wonder why TuyaConvert 2 doesn’t work for these…

I use Stafford Bunnings too

So you’re the one stealing all the plugs so they never have them in stock when I want them :sweat_smile:

I was actually there yesterday tying to find one of these to get for my bathroom, and flash with Tasmota.

The site shows them in-stock, but what a surprise, they didn’t have any.

:joy: not me still looking for things. You should come over for an beer on day

1 Like

What you on about @kanga_who, You probably have more stock of brilliant smart sockets than Bunnings

4 Likes

Yeah but none in saleable condition! All flashed with strange firmware…

… and strange teeth marks where they have been prised open.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re on about. I only have this many spare, I need to get some more.

2 Likes

Mate, when the zombie apocalypse comes, i don’t think your gonna need that many smart plugs.

1 Like

I dunno, this whole HA thing is kinda Mad Max-ish. Hacking stuff together,.

1 Like

Received my brilliant smart glass switches today.

Easy to open up without any tools, heres what they look like inside

The front panel assembly that contains the touch sensor

Inside that appears to be the relay related stuff

Theres a bunch of headers that connect the two together, not sure if this contains the tx/rx pins etc, sounds like these can probably be flashed via tuya convert in any case.

Also got the fan controller but havent had a chance to disassemble yet.

And the fan controller

1 Like

I received a Brilliant wall switch recently as well, and have been able to flash tasmota on it using tuya-convert. I was able to power it up using two of the pins on the header, but couldn’t identify the tx/rx pins, so used tuya-convert. I haven’t figured out the pin assignments yet, but will try to work that out soon.

Bunnings have dropped the price of the 4 packs of the single Arlec grid plugs to $60, down from $69 (possibly $65). $15 each is great, so of course, I got a pack.

It also seems as though they have removed the single plug from their website, so it might be another case of get them while you can, because they won’t be re-stocking them.