Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I just successfully flashed the Brilliant Garden Lights with ESPhome using the same config as a Mirabella RGBW light but removed the White channel code. I used the latest Tuya-Convert from the original Github repo.

Now I need to wait until it’s dark tonight to see how they look :slight_smile:

When I get a chance I’ll add a write-up to the ESPhome configs database

5 Likes

@sparkydave any idea what this device attached to the top of my meter box is?

433MHz transmitter for meter reading?

1 Like

Thats kind of what i was thinking, my provider does have an app where they have daily readouts and we aren’t even moved in yet.

I was sort of leaning towards 3/4g maybe, theyd have to have receivers all over to get the data off these if it was 433mhz wouldnt they?

There are a bunch of systems it could be. WiMax, 3G/4G, 433MHz drive-by, or even a meshed RF network.

They use 3G/4G here (Tas) for energy meters but the water meters are a drive-by 433MHz radio system.

You must live in the fancy part of Tassie. Down in the Huon Valley we still have meter readers come out on a regular basis.

That is very progressive part of Tassie if the locals tolerate their meter readers “coming out”.

2 Likes

:rofl: You obviously haven’t been to the Huon Valley

No, my knowledge of Tasmania is limited to people saying “its like the West Coast” (of the South Island of NZ). Don’t get me wrong, I love the West Coast, but there are limits… It was the only region of NZ to decline in population at the last census.

1 Like

Picked up two of THESE Mirabella Genio RBWCCT downlights from Kmart, flashed easily with the latest Tuya Convert. Used the template on Blakadder HERE.

AU plug on the end, accurate colors, good quality bright white light. Going to pick up some more, because, you know, I like to hoard sh!t like that for when I need it. :wink:

In NZ kmart seem to no longer sell any mirabello genio wifi products, but weirdly Countdown Supermarkets seem to (owned by Woolworths Australia). https://shop.countdown.co.nz/shop/searchproducts?search=mirabello

What is their warm white/cool white like? I’m not happy with the WW I get from my Zemismarts so might buy these and forego RGB

I think it’s fine. Full white is as pure white as I think you can get, full warm is very yellow.

Looks like starting tomorrow Aldi have a whole bunch of things to try and tuya-convert :slight_smile:

I would have been keen on the bulbs, but they are RGB and Warm white only, no cool white. :expressionless:

Has anyone seen or tried this product out

3 Likes

Zigbee, nice.

Very promising! Can anyone find pricing information for Stitchy?

I vaguely recall them being around the same as Aeotec stuff, so I lost interest… but can’t remember where I saw it.

anyone knows the gpio details for the mirabella genio E14 (small warm/cold)? the configs on esphome are not working.

Mirabella Genio E14 Cold/Warm