Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks for the tip @wellsy. I’ve got one of those but haven’t done anything with it yet. Have you tried mounting it in an enclosure? I am finding that’s always the challenge with most of these sensors.

Mounting is pretty easy for any of these devices I think…

this is one of my first attempts at a Standard Australian 2 gang Clipsal plate which has had one gang modified to fit the size of the diffuser.
Then a neat bead of silicone around the sensor prior to pushing it in the hole, wipe excess off carefully on the front and then allow 24 hours to cure. Works a treat!

NOTE: The pushbutton is 3.3VDC only. Please don’t (never!) install these beside 240V.

What I really like about this type is they can be used for either 5V or 3.3V devices.

2 Likes

Yes there is

I picked up a few of the Arlec Grid Connect powerboards today from Bunnings. They work perfectly.

You use the Tuya Convert OTA, apply the Tasmota template, and away you go.

Big thumbs up from me.

Hi. I’ve been following/reading this thread for a while…
Does anyone know if the doorbells could be integrated with HA?

I bought one and it seems to work nicely with decent video and 2-way audio (although the doorbell chime sounds cheap and nasty). I rang their support and there’s apparently no API available.
So, I’m planning to return it but wanted to check if anyone else was giving integration a go…?
Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions for something similar that already integrates with HA?

Most likely has a Tuya chip, so could be flashed, but unsure how you would get the video from it. Would need some patience and trial and error.

Just grabbed one of the Arlec RGBWW bulbs from Bunnings and successfully flashed ESPHome onto it with Tuya-Convert. Works perfectly in HA with all the color & temp controls.

In the meantime I added the Brilliant Garden Light to the ESPHome configs site.
Thanks to everyone on this thread who helped figuring out the correct configuration.

1 Like

Were you able to flash these OTA with tuya-convert?? or did you have to crack them open and wire them up??

Yes, I used tuya-convert.

Getting the controller into flash mode is a bit tricky - I turned it off and on again 5-10 times until the LED starts blinking.

Another things that I initially had trouble with was that they continuously reconnected and couldn’t be adopted. I had to manually change one line of code in fake_registrations_server.py as described here:

After making that change, it worked fine immediately.

2 Likes

Anyone interested in buying some Zemismart 10W RGBW downlights? I have 40 I think … I don’t like the fact they can’t do a true warm white by CT only by color mix… so I am changing them all :slight_smile:

All will come flashed with latest tasmota dev bin ready for wifi AP info… idk if this is against forum rules but I figure the .au community is pretty small so gumtree might be a little unsuccessful

Hiyas, solid thread. Figured I’d drop a couple questions in.

@thecubical have you installed your srltech fan controllers? how do they behave, any humming etc? I assume you replaced the 3 speed capacitor type wall switch. Do you get 6 speeds or have you limited it with tasmota/tuyamcu?
Did I see somewhere that light will be dimmable with these?

@sparkydave similar questions to you in regards to the brilliant controller

I have 4 fans I’d like to control, the srltech look like my goto, although id prefer the 3 switch fan only version as I have dimmed LED downlights on a separate faceplate with dimmable switches atm.

Now here is a tricky one regarding power meters and zigbee2mqtt, probably VIC specific.
Has anyone used the cc2531 to connect to their zigbee mains power meter?? Like this Rainforest Power monitor .
Anyone more familiar with the cc2531 aware of its capabilities in this area, needs to meet HAN zigbee requirements I think, which I assume being open spectrum the cc2531 will meet. I have a cc2531 on its way. But if anyone has attempted this or has a rainforest unit that could provide the data streams for an example that may be helpful. Anyway I shall update when it arrives, power company may flat out veto it.

Was there a consensus on in wall light switches in general? Zwave aeotec Nanos seem to be the answer, are there any solid Zigbee ones? The 3asmart ones seem very hit or miss, or has the reliability of these picked up with zigbee2mqtt? anyone seen a price for the melec, any other contenders?

Cheers again for the great thread

@HasQT

both the srl and brilliant fan controllers had a small amount of hum to them at different levels, i didnt have them hooked up to an actual fan though so I can’t be sure what it would be like in that actual situation.

And yes they do also support dimming.

Curently my config above allows all six speeds , but you could easily add rules to say if the speed is set to one of the inbetween speeds to just increase it to the next one.

@thecubical Ahh I see, I have heard different things on the humming being ok or bad for the fan motors. Dimming all in the one switch would be nice thou I guess. would need to plaster up some holes.

Ahh just found this too 3aSmart zigbee fan I will have to go back through the thread and see the outcome of nue and zigbee2mqtt was. These use the capacitor! I was sure someone would find a way to do that.

This thread is really useful. Thanks!

I’m just wondering if there is a summary wiki page of all the devices that are certified in Australia and known to work (the various tuya options, magichome devices, etc etc). Thanks!

1 Like

https://blakadder.github.io/templates/anzac.html

1 Like

@sparkydave why would anyone in their right mind want to use that convoluted ESPhome stuff :wink:

1 Like

Flexibilty, a sense of “doing it yourself”, lack of dependence on MQTT, and others which my brain can’t think of at the moment.

I am aware, I was pointing him to the Tuya-convert config info.