Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I used a service called 3dhubs.com. You upload the 3d file, and they give you a quote from a local 3d printer. The guy I got the finished product from was just working out of his house, presumably subsidising his hobby.

1 Like

From the website that @OzGav linked, you can order the prints from someone local. It’s really neat! (I only discovered this today) It was going to be US$23 to get 5 of those mounts printed and delivered from NSW to WA. (There were no people registered in WA. The people making them are in Aus but the website is US to it’s in USD but you can pay via CC or PayPal)

1 Like

There does appear to be a few machines at the city of Melbourne library, so I’ll probably have a further dig into the detail on that!

1 Like

Triple and quad are out of stock on bunnings website. Oh well I missed out.

Anyone know anything about these Arlec “grid connect” hub and sensors available at Bunnings?

Seem pretty good value, although the range (10m) of Bluetooth won’t always be enough.

Anyone know if they use an ESP8266, ESP32 or something else?
Would really like to be able to flash the hub using esphome.
They should be TUYA based since they are labelled “Grid Connect”.

Neither are Aus certified, so any Sparky worth his salt wouldn’t install them anyways.

1 Like

I just bought one of the starter kits, and they have a TYBT3 chip inside the sensors (door, temp, and motion) and I’m still working on getting the controller to bits. Standby
! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they use a bluetooth connection, so will probably have range issues.

1 Like

As a 3D printing rookie should I print it in ABS or PLA?

I am not too sure, often the author suggests a material, but this one hasn’t. I googled it and found this

3D printing with PLA vs. ABS: What's the difference? | Protolabs Network

PLA is the most commonly used filament, is reasonably environmentally friendly, and is fine for most indoor applications. If it needs to be particularly strong or durable (such as for outdoor use) then you might want to consider ABS.

Hey mate, not sure if you ended up buying one of these, but I have and re-flashed with esphome manually. It has a pretty standard Tuya style TYWE2S ESP8285, so it should be flash-able with OTA via Tuya convert as well.
Unfortunately no external control switching, but I added one myself anyway

Saw these at my bunnings, anybody know if we can integrate into HA?

Shame it doesn’t do RF

You can consider as an alternative the Mirabella Genio IR from Kmart
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-smart-ir-universal-remote-controller/2622812

Full how-to from flashing until Tasmota template setup

I have had some trouble with my tuya convert, so I flashed it manually but check the how-to it mentions tuya convert
Good Luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hay bro I did this

1 Like

Thanks, no I got a Brilliant brand one instead. Tuya-converted and now running esphome.

1 Like

There are plenty of rf/ir hubs that do integrate, such as openmqttgateway. There is nothing magical about au/nz certification as they are low voltage.

1 Like

Hi @diramu
I picked up one of these anyway (though you’re right about the noise for 2+ speeds).

I have successfully Tuya Converted, and worked through all the setting here (quite similar to the GoldAir settings).

However, I’m having some issues getting HA to “talk” to the fan (the TuyaMCU commands come back as unknown; Rule1 doesn’t seem to detect the IR control inputs).

Would you mind sharing your config?

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Anyone found a way to integrate the Holman Bluetooth-enabled garden lighting system? I’m new to Home Assistant, so I’m wondering if there’s a generic “Bluetooth light” integration that could be re-purposed for this sort of thing?

Ta!

Afraid not.