Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Well NUE and 3A are the same usually and there is a 3A switch on the templates site. Sorry I can not offer anything further

PS: thanks for pointing them out thatā€™s the exact style of device Ive been looking for (keeps the standard light switch plate for the WAF). Others that say in-line usually have the switch killing power to the Wi-Fi device and want you to use the app all the time.
Only $30 with free shipping on their ebay store ($38 on their website), I Iā€™ll order one just to see if it can be flashed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The folks at Canberra Mechanical Services built a module to integrate smart thermostats with ducted AC systems. Iā€™ve been eyeing it off for a while to add to my Fujitsu system. https://www.ezlink.store/

Itā€™s the only thing Iā€™ve come across thatā€™ll do what you want. Looking at the FAQ they donā€™t support Hitachi units. :frowning: But it might still be worth dropping them a line about compatibility.

Hi thetastate
iā€™m interested on picking your brains over a couple of things if possible.
For your chook door what are you using?
I currently have a door that is operated by a 24 hour manually programmed timer. I originally wanted it to run on a 12v battery with solar panel top up. The door slides vertically and uses a car aerial motor. It is one of my 300 projects aorund the place that i thought i could do with an ESP01 and a relay but havenā€™t quite got there yet.
Patrick

Hey Thanks Peter @stibbons I have tried to contact them a few times over the past 4 months with no response. I note that they donā€™t have stock of any of the units but do offer some consulting time. Iā€™ll persevere and report back if I have any luck.

Hi Patrick. I was fortunate to have an old wemo maker lying around that I used with this door kit:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Automatic-Chicken-Opener-Closer-Sensor/dp/B0814V4QPK

The door by itself is reasonably smart in that it can open and close at specific times or based on light level (dawn/dusk).

I have a camera and PIR covering the chook run so I can see if the door is closed or if any foxes come a visiting.

The Clipsal Wiser webpage has :

Communication network type
wireless (2.4-2.4 GHz), 2.5 mW

The ā€˜Bluetoothā€™ might be for configuring the wireless settings or wireless switches?

ā€¦they might be interesting.

Bluetooth is 2.4GHz. Wifi includes 2.4GHz. Zigbee is 2.4GHz.

Yesā€¦ It is just bluetooth :frowning:

let me know how it goes, super keen to find out, seems like it should flash ok, standard on off plus another gpio for the switch state

OK, so I also just bought one of these to give it a go. Seems to work quite well with the app, but would love to integrate it in some way.
Did a port scan of it to see what it has exposedā€¦

Port Scan has startedā€¦

Port Scanning host: 192.168.X.Y

Open TCP Port: 	80     		http
	 Open TCP Port: 	6668
	 Open TCP Port: 	8554   		rtsp-alt
Port Scan has completedā€¦

Tried connecting to port 80, but itā€™s asking for username and password, and a few likey combos I tried donā€™t work. I think if I could capture network traffic though (especially unencrypted port 80) then that could be possible to decode. However, I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to capture network packets on an iPhone. Does anyone know how to?

1 Like

If you have a Mac with Xcode installed, you can use rvictl to create a remote capture interface and capture from it with Wireshark.

Use rvictl -s xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the xā€™s are your iPhoneā€™s serial number from Apple > About This Mac > System Report > Hardware > USB > iPhone > Serial Number. Youā€™ll have to insert the dash after the 8th hex digit. Use rvictl -x ā€¦ when youā€™re done to teardown the interface.

2 Likes

@jasoncodes Awesome - thanks - will give it a go

I take it you have an iphone, but if you have an android phone lying about there is an app called ā€œPacket Captureā€ by GreyShirts. It is good for this sort of thing.

@jasoncodes @nickrout @lindsayward
So I captured the network traffic between the app and the Orion Doorbell, but itā€™s all UDP and encrypted as far as I can tell.
Was hoping for something on port 80 to be able to sniff the username & password, but no joy. Anyone know next step for reverse engineering whatever API is being used?

Bus pirate on the JTAG connector (if it has one)?

Plenty of articles on the ā€œhow toā€, e.g. https://www.lufsec.com/iot-security-starting-with-jtag-hacking/

1 Like

I donā€™t own this doorbell so I canā€™t help too much, but I did find the FCC listing for it here. Itā€™s a rebrand of the Meari Bell 7S and looks to be using the HI3518 SoC. That processor is designed for cheaper IP cameras so they are likely running HiLinux with the standard suite of camera software. You may have luck following the analysis people have done on other HI3518 IP cams.

2 Likes

Hello, I bought the Arlec DC ceiling dimmable light fan.
Would anyone know if the controller sends the light at 240v or 9v ?
I want to join my led downlights to this so both lights are controlled

Oh cool to know itā€™s a rebadged known model. Iā€™ll do some investigating on that now. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Did you end up getting these switches installed? Interested to see how they turned out!