Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Came across this today, not sure if these or any of their clones, are certified.

Kogan are having a ā€˜Frugal Fridayā€™ sale today and have the 4 pack of smart plugs with power monitoring and usb ports for $39.99 if anyone is interested, Iā€™ve bought these before and flashed with tuya-convert with no problems.

3 Likes

Great find, just ordered.

Cheers!

@kanga_who how many packs did you buyā€¦ just in case they stop selling them :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Brad, looks a good deal.
I have an Amex deal, spend $100, get $25 backā€¦ which is leading he to want to spend $100 :
Are there any items in particular that someone fairly new to Smart Home tech should pick up? Iā€™m toying with getting 2x 4packs, but would need to spend $20 moreā€¦

dont forget shipping!

Yea, Iā€™m gonna sign up to their Kogan First thing for the shipping, then cancel.

1 Like

Nothing that comes to mind from Kogan, these are their best deal so I would probably buy 3 packs if you need to get to $100.

Went with the 3x 4packs. Thanks for the advice guys and Brad for finding the deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey mate, how did you go ? end up flashing it?

Only ā€˜out for deliveryā€™ today. WA is Wait Awhile for postage too!

2 Likes

oh cool - fingers crossed you get it :slight_smile: super keen to know how you go
trying to find a template for it, just want tasmota or esphome and be able to retain the switch state, so i assume its a GPIO

Hey All,

Looking to pull the trigger on the Deta switches. I feel like Iā€™ve misinterpreted something Iā€™ve read previously but is it possible to turn an unused gang of say a 2 gang into a general button for use with HA?

Cheers,

Linton

You mean you want the wall switch but instead of connecting a lamp you just want a switch entity in HA and control something completely different? I think that should be possible: I am using ESPHome on a Deta switch and the physical button is configured as a binary sensor that briefly turns on when I press the button.

2 Likes

Hi @LintHart
Yes very possible - you can ā€œprogramā€ the buttons to do whatever you want.
For example I have one wall switch that actually turns on a lamp thatā€™s plugged in on the other side of the room, and I also have some long-press actions configured. For example, I have one at the top of the stairs that when I long-press on my way up in the evening calls a script in HA that turns off everything downstairs.
I use ESPhome for this but there are other choices too.

1 Like

Ha this changes everything!! I had been waiting all this time for the triple gangs to come back on the Bunnings site as that is what is mostly in my house but if I can have scene buttons I may just go quads across the board. Might hit you up later for some config advice when I bite the bullet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep itā€™s pretty handy that you can call a HA script from ESPhome, so youā€™re not even limited to ESP devices that youā€™re controlling. When I press the button to turn off the downstairs, that actually does the lights of course, but also Sonos, TV, Aircon, and arms the alarm :slight_smile:
Happy to help with a config anytime

Schneider own Clipsal these days. Clipsal is no longer Australian.

Iā€™m in the process of changing over to Zigbee plugs. When Iā€™m finished is anyone out there who would like some kogan (new and old style) plugs flashed with and esphome build?

All work well just trying to maximise my zigbee devices and minimise my WiFi devices.

By the way the Telstra Smart Home plugs are zigbee ZHA 1.2 compliant. Working well with Deconz, just have to get the calibration finalised.

I would be using wireshark to work out what the traffic is for the orion door bell.

Its free, download it setup a filter to only see the traffic to and from the IP address of the door bell. Start capturing and then run all the functions available on the door bell.

1 Like