Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I checked and it’s not in use. The fallback ap shows up after a min or so of being plugged in.

I’ll try that, cheers.

Apologies for the screen shot. VSCode addon does not function well on an iPad.

This is what I use in all my Kogan switches without USB. ( https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-plug-energy-meter/ )

1 Like

Yep, you might be right.

Intereeting, I thought the remote used Bluetooth not RF commands, are you able to share the code as i was wanting to buy the blind but didn’t think I could get it into HA without hacking the arlec controller.

you dont really need any code, you can just send a command to the broadlink to activate it, or you can set up a switch under the broadlink config, or a seperate cover entity.

i have just put it straight into a lovelace card like this:

cards:
  - entity: media_player.living_room_tv
    hold_action:
      action: more-info
    icon: 'mdi:arrow-up-bold'
    name: Office blinds up
    show_icon: true
    show_name: false
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: broadlink.send
      service_data:
        host: BROADLINK IP
        packet: >-
          BIG_LONG_CODE
    type: entity-button
    hold_action:
    icon: 'mdi:stop'
    name: Office blinds down
    tap_action:
      service_data:
          BIG_LONG_CODE
    hold_action:
    icon: 'mdi:arrow-down-bold'
    name: Office blinds stop
    tap_action:
      service_data:
          BIG_LONG_CODE
type: horizontal-stack

the hard part was to learn the rf codes themselves which is a bit fiddly but not too hard once you work it out

Hi Guys,

New here and still working everything out, I’ve converted a Deta GPO wall plug before and attempted to do the same things with this ceiling fan using tuya-convert OTA… is this how you flashed the fan? or did you do this via another method?

Cheers
Tim

YES!!! Got my Kogan plug sorted. Time to order some more! Big thank you to everyone that responded.

4 Likes

This is my plan too (except with wifi downlights) as I don’t have neutral at the switch. What’s your solution to in room controls?
My thoughts are to print some covers for the physical switches so that they aren’t accidentally turned off - but still allows for the cover to be removed for a fallback if HA is down. Then use Zigbee switches to give in room controls - possibly a combination of the Ikea 5 button and two button ones

We leave all the switches on. We have led’s on them so everyone knows they have to be lit.

We use voice control mainly, if not Home Assistant to turn lights on and off.

I currently have 96 devices on my zigbee network and 33 devices on my wifi. If I had all of them on a wifi network nothing would work :slight_smile:

Yep. That’s how I did my fan. Works well… I still need to do some tweaks to to how the fan remote talks to HA, but most things are fine. Annoying that the standard HA fan entity only take 3 speeds though.

I see, thanks. I’ve got around 30 zigbee devices - mainly door/window sensors.

What are you using to control the zigbee network? I’m using zigbee2mqtt but finding it a but unstable at times. Not sure if it’s just the CC2531’s I’m using for the coordinator and routers or if it’s the xiaomi sensors not liking the ikea bulbs I’m using for additional routers

Hi Mate,

Good to hear Tuya-Convert will work, can you tell me did you just use the fan remote to put it into pair mode? or some other method? As when I attempt it just claims it can’t see anything and fails.

I’ll update the template etc. once I get it sorted… will actually document the process to help others if I can sort this one out.

Cheers

I am using a Conbee II on a 3m usb extension with the Deconz add in for HA running on a NUC.

I tried ZHA and dropped it after a couple of days.

The combination of the NUC and Conbee II has been very stable.

I occasionally have some stress in adding new devices but once setup no problems at all.

I have a mixture of
door/window contacts (only 8 openings in the entire house to go)
PIR’s indoors and outdoors.
Temp sensors
Lights
Plugs

I have given up on most of the cheaper stuff. For example just ordered five Visonic PIR’s to replace cheapies. Would have liked the Bosch but not readily available in Australia.

It’s been a while, but I seem to recall just following the ‘Grid Connect’ instructions for pair mode. I think it may’ve taken a couple of goes before I got the confirmation ‘beeping’.

Thanks for the information. I might have to have a look into a Conbee II

Conbee II is great. I ditched my hue and xiaomi hubs for it.

On another note, just ordered a whole heap of fibaro switches and dimmers to install throughout the house. Been testing a few and they work great, so that’s what I’m going to use for smart switching from now on. Expensive, but I think worth it.

I have a LOT of issues with Deconz. It always loses many Xiaomi devices when restarted and you have to re-pair them by holding the button and then renaming them from the defaults.

I only have about 10 xiaomi devices (door window, motion and temp/humidity sensors) and haven’t had that issue.

Not sure if it’s because I have a number of wired devices that can act as routers (a few hue bulbs distributed through the house).

I bought the dimmer and got it to work on tasmota and esphome.
See here in this same thread.
However, this discussion in facebook stopped me using these universally in my home. It seems they aren’t really certified correctly for Aus.