Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I did the same move to a raspberry pi and it has been rock solid since doing so. I fear restarts of deconz a lot less now.

Hi Dan

I have a couple of these did you ever work out if you could flash them ?

Hi, Im still looking for light panels to put through the house

I like the 3a ones, and SRLtech ones, but not overly sure on the the certificates and quality

really only leaves the DETA or Brilliant smart elite range

does anyone know if it is possible at all for deta/brilliant to get the LED ring to stay on all the time?? this is a deal breaker for me as id like it on full time

Just install as a seperate docker container, works perfectly and independent of HA

Hi - I also have a Paradox Alarm and have it fully integrated with HA using pai

These guys are updating the project daily and are very responsive. I purchased the IP150 module to communicate with the panel but some due it directly with serial. I use the PIR from the alarm in my node red flows and to be honest it runs seamlessly.

Why not Zigbee2Mqtt? Works like a charm for all of my Xiaomi PIR and door sensors.

1 Like

Sadly this is not possible as the relays are physically wired with the LEDs.

I picked up a Arlec PC399HA https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-smart-plug-in-socket-with-energy-meter-and-grid-connect_p0135442

I did not realized, tuya_convert does not work on it. So I need to manually flash it. I canā€™t open it.
Anyone know this screw:

Iā€™ve broken a two prong bit, but canā€™t find a three prong bit in my tools.

I bought this at JayCar to open an Arlec Grid Connect Twin Plug. But that screw was more of a triangle.
The set looks like it has 3 different Tri Prong bits as well in there.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/gaming-console-tool-kit/p/TD2109

Unfortunaely it was almost as expensive as the plug (~$25).

They just appear to be different sizes triangles, not 3 pins.

that might make it easier to follow

1 Like

So Iā€™m starting to see people talking about zigbee networks
What devices are people using ?

Not an unreasonable thought actually. I run hassio as a VM in unraid and Iā€™ve just seen that deconz has just been added to the community applications. Might fix a couple of suspected sd card failings and be the best solution now that Iā€™m no longer tinkering with the physical PC.

Ah. Life is so much better :slight_smile:

Bought the last 3 gang DETA switch that the green shed had on their shelf, flashed Tasmota (using this quide https://blog.mikejmcguire.com/2020/05/22/deta-grid-connect-3-and-4-gang-light-switches-and-home-assistant/) and have it installed. It seemed to flash better using the 5V pin header on the daughterboard pins instead of th 3.3V on the ICā€¦ now to get SWMBO to buy more

1 Like

Thanks for that link - bought exact same switch yesterday from the local

1 Like

Hi @HasQT, @Jon_ctrl

After a bit of playing around today, Iā€™ve managed to create a sensor for the Amber Electric real-time price feed.

You can find the custom component here: https://github.com/lewisbenge/hass-amber-electric. Currently it pulls back the current general usage rate based on Post Code. Iā€™ll update it shortly to also have a second sensor reporting Solar FiT.

Itā€™d be great to know how people would think about using this data so I can tweak the implementation when I have some down time over the next few days. I could see a benefit in having the 12 hours of forecast data, but need to figure out if this stays as a sensor or another implementation.

Let me know your thoughts!

5 Likes

Hi Lewis,

Thank you!
I hit a barrier in my skill set pretty quickly in my attempts.
your sensor is kind of working for meā€¦ it produced 2 sensors, one for my postcode 3840 and one for 2000. the 2000 one is reading data - the 3840 one constantly reads 0.
clicking on them shows the postcode at the bottom of the graph.
so very closeā€¦ :open_mouth:
Untitled
My use case if it helps -
I ultimately want to detect spikes in the price and use these to shut down all power-hungry devices in the house. exporting on price spikes is great, I made $250 in a couple of hours late January when prices shot up to the maximum $1400 a Kwh. :slight_smile:
the info your sensor provides should be enough, coupled with a means to compare mean price to actual price over a period of time, I should be able to build a binary sensor to trigger the shutdown.

Thanks again Lewis :slight_smile: You rock!

1 Like

Can I ask if you had any drama with the tuya convert. I just can not get it to connect. Have the LED strip in pair mode, tabled connected to the wifi and then the LED stop flashing to indicate it is connected to tuya-convert but then nothing. The Smartconfig packets just dont send in Tuya-convert. It is driving me nuts

Kogan is having a special on the plugs.
4 pack for $50

It has probably been answered before, can the USB ports be switched as well or only the mains?

Thanks

1 Like

No switch for the usbs, theyā€™re always on.