Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

That’s good to know … I wonder what I did wrong, I used a rp4 with Buster lite, plugged into ether, with my pixel as the doner device … It should install tasmota by default right? … Or should I use esphome straight up?

It does install tasmota by default. You can do esphome from the outset, both are valid.

What do think was my problem, should I buy a nodemcu and try that?

Take a look at the tuya convert logs.

Hi Philip

I think I had this error while doing the last lot I flashed. Did the device automatically go into pairing mode or did you manually trigger it? I had a couple seemingly timeout if the device did it itself out of the box but not if I did it manually.

I got it to work, I tried again using my laptop as a donor device. My phone wouldn’t stay connected, I think that was the issue.

Dumb question, is this the board I pick for Kogan smart plug - Generic ESP8266?

I used the esphome config from earlier in this thread. It says the board is esp8285.

Standard smart plug in waterproof box

perhaps?
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-ip44-outdoor-smart-plug-energy-meter/

As promised, here the write up of how I flashed the current ESPHome dev version onto a Brilliant Bahama ceiling fan controller:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Bit of topic sorry, but I was hoping if someone knew if Zigbee devices are similar to Zwave where their RF frequencies differ between countries? i.e Do zigbee devices work without these restrictions? Thanks

Nice one! This has definitely peaked my interest after the grid connect ceiling fans seems to be a bust. Just confirming, once the board is powered, the initial flashing is done OTA?

1 Like

Hi @exxamalte Did you figure out if the panel heaters could be integrated or flashed? Or maybe @afalzon has?

Zigbee uses the same frequency (2.4GHz) globally.

EDIT: Sold out

If anyone is interested, AusPost is selling the Mistral Smart Plugs for $10 each with free postage (Max qty of 3x per order).

1 Like

Thanks Mark

1 Like

Which is the same as Wi-Fi so plan accordingly
https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/zigbee-wifi-coexistence.html

2 Likes

Link did not work and I couldn’t find them on the site

Yes, that is correct. To get the controller into pairing mode for tuya-convert to work you have to press the “ON” button for 10 seconds.