Australian BOM Rain Radar Card

Quotes really don’t matter.
Ok, so have something weird going on. Any custom card that is based of the custom-card/boilerplate repo has any dropdown list broken for me since updating to 0.115

Weird. I am on 0.115.1 (and also ran all the betas as well). No issues I have seen here…

Ok. I think I have it working again now. Appears to have been some weird browser caching problem combined with something weird at the backend. Clearing caches wasn’t enough, but a ha server reboot seems to have fixed it.
I will try and get more of the gui config sorted tomorrow/monday.

I am in the habit fo going into dev-tools in Chrome (F12) right clicking the refresh button and doing an Empty Cache & Hard Reload…

I Live in that environment. It didn’t help this time. Restarting HA was needed, but even still on my Android phone after clearing all caches and data for the app it still isn’t working right.

Well that’s odd…

V1.2.4 released. Adds the ability to use satellite tiles.
I can’t use the gui editor for the card as HA 0.115 introduced a breaking change that has broken all custom cards using the gui editor.
See https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/7098 for details.

1 Like

Nice! You didn’t say in the docs but instead of light, dark or voyager, use satellite for the new map style.

It’s in the readme under the heading ‘map style’.

It is too… but that readme doesn’t show that column when you go to the repo unless you click on the readme itself…

V1.2.5 is released. It adds an option to show an overlay of radar coverage and some minor tidy up of mouse events.

1 Like

So dark and satellite are not working just showing a blank map, This the case for anyone else?

No. Working here

Hmmmm could you share your code I’ll see what’s going on?

It’s up a few posts. I was using voyager but now using satellite so just change voyager to satellite.

That’s working with yours… Thanks mate

I have noticed problems with getting the actual radar tiles that the bom publish. It unfortunately looks like a problem with the BOM. Even using there radar viewer I get the same problem where many tiles simply are blank. There viewer for anyone that doesn’t know is at https://weather.bom.gov.au/location/r3dp390-canberra. It is also the same on there android app. I haven’t seen any problems with the actual base maps.

1 Like

It seems dark and satellite don’t work with show_scale: false
That could be what @bergasha was seeing?

Thanks for the heads up. I am stupidly busy today/tomorrow, but I will investigate on Thursday. I suspect it will be a pretty easy fix.

Found 5 minutes to look and fix. v1.2.6 should fix this.