Australian grocery lists

In the same spirit as the Australian hardware thread…

Anyone have experience’s they would like to share with shopping list integrations for Coles, woolworths, or aldi?

I’m looking to have a shared shopping list, so we don’t have to brainstorm immediately prior to hitting order on a click and collect grocery shop.

Grocy doesn’t really seem to hit the mark(I don’t need stock control and scanning into the pantry), and the shopping list integration seems abit weak, although perhaps that has automation potential.

I see any.do, anylist, bring, in Google home. Anyone used those with Colesworth?

Are the dedicated Coles, woolworths apps good enough?

So what are people doing for Australian grocery shopping lists?

1 Like

Good question, and unfortunately I don’t have an answer but am throwing my hat in the ring to work with someone to figure this out.
We’ve previously used Microsoft To Do (as we do a lot of work with Microsoft so get our O365 for free) and had it integrated with Alexa, which was handy.
However we now use the Woolworths app as it allows us to select specific brands and products, as well as showing what aisle the items are in.

Unfortunately Woolies doesn’t seem to have a public available API, otherwise I would be chomping at the bit to integrate it into HA.

2 Likes

Actually correction, I forgot about this: Woolworths Api (woolworthsonline.com.au)
I had dismissed that as I can’t find any documentation on it.

I did also find this, but haven’t given it a go: tascord/Woolies: A Node.JS API for the Woolworths groceries store. (github.com)
And another solution, but it’s 7 years old - however does use that API.

1 Like

Coles is closer for us, although we do click and collect woolworths sometimes.
Will have to dig into those links!

1 Like

We’ve been using AnyList for a few years. Integration with Alexa is the main way we add items. We use one account shared between phones. It gets better the more you use it, bringing in photos, etc.

We’ve recently been meal planning using Cookidoo and Thermomix, and the AnyList Import Recipe extension for iOS works very well.

Cookidoo also supports Woolworths via Whisk. Haven’t tried this in anger yet, but playing with it looks like it’s pretty simple to save a set of recipe needs into a WW list.

I used the WW Scan&Go feature today and that’s my new favorite way to shop. I used AnyList but it also supports those WW lists so could also give aisle guidance.

1 Like

Posting mainly to subscribe to the thread and add my interest in this idea.

The Woolies API page does say you can “explore” the available APIs once you’ve logged in, so I assume the browsing of the APIs is considered the documentation (or the documentation is provided alongside the listings). I’m not sure I want to sign up to their API system just to have a look though. I’m not a programmer so I probably would never use it.

1 Like

Just wanted to add that AnyList also integrates with HA with an Add-on that syncs to the new ToDo list.

We’ve also started using the AnyList meal planning feature. It’s really nice to shop for ingredients when you know exactly how much you need and what recipe it will be used in. Makes sizing and substitutions at the store much simpler. A last minute extra person? Scale the recipe and it scales the item qty even if already on the shopping list. I sound like a fanboy but the devs have done a good job on this app!

Do you need to fully paid version for this? I installed the hacs addon and then the integration, and I used the generic IP address of 127.0.0.0 and port 8080 which the addon had opened but its not syncing across to HA to dolist? Is it because I am only using anylist on my phone?

We do have a paid subscription, but I can’t see that the API is listed as a paid feature AnyList - About AnyList Complete.

1 Like