⛩️ Automatic Gate : don't ever use your remote again

There seems to be less and less solutions for your situation, but I’m sure we will find one that fits you.

Concerning your idea of using Proximity integration, I had thought of this too but it automatically reports “0” when in your home zone. And since GPS takes time to update and is not reliable, I don’t think this will be good enough, even if I calculate manually your distance from home.

Could you elaborate on the issue you would have with a wifi tracker ? I think you’re talking about needing wifi when arriving, but I was proposing a solution only while leaving home. So as you said, since WiFi is really weak outside, it could detect if you’re parked in your garage or in the street when you start your car.

But if these solutions don’t suit your situation, I would recommend buying an ESP32 to put in your garage to generate an iBeacon that would detect if you are in your garage or outside. This is the most precise solution possible. Plus, it would allow you to automatically close your gate when leaving (but I suggest waiting for my next update for this)

I think I will try out to add a condition with the proximity sensor :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem :smile:
Feel free to come back to me if you find a solution that suits you, maybe it could help another user too !

Getting an install error when I try to import the blueprint.
An unknown error occurred

running supervisor 2024.09.1

Is there another way to import it?

I noticed that too some weeks ago
Unfortunately I can’t do anything to fix this problem as it comes from Home Assistant.
You can see the progress on this issue here

I hope this will be solved soon

By the way, I forgot to tell you that you could place my yaml file into HA_folder/config/blueprints/automation/etiennec78
However, with this method you won’t be able to update the blueprint through HA. But when the button will be fixed, you will only have to import it again to fix this.

maybe someone can help.

I think it was working until 2024.8 but with 2024.9 I have a huge delay when arriving home.

The gate is never home when I arrive but instead have to wait up to 30 sec. The Problem is, that if I just open with the remote, enter, close the gate it already happened that it was opening after it closed.

I double checked all the settings in the automation, that seems to be all fine. I also checked if the data is transmitted to HA correctly, all fine. Checked the app settings with GPS and Battery stuff, all fine.

Hello, thanks for the feedback.
However I haven’t noticed this bug when updating to 2024.9, so something else might be broken…

Could you please add a map card with position history to your dashboard ? (example)
Maybe your GPS tracker is not reporting your position quickly enough ?

If the issue persists, feel free to open an issue on my GitHub and post your logs as explained in the form. I’ll take a look at them.

Hi etiennec78,

I really like your blueprint. Thanks a lot for this great work!

However, I have a question regarding the supported scenarios.
My wife and I have two cars both residing in one big double garage (with only one gate).
We often change who is driving with which car.
So that would result in 4 driving sensors, but only 2 persons and 2 itinerary sensors etc.

Will this work or only for both of us using one car?

Many thanks and best regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefan, and thanks for your interest in my project !

I’m currently in a similar situation as yours : we have 2 cars and 3 drivers, but as you saw, my blueprint needs exactly the same number of sensors for each input.

So the solution I use myself is to simply make a custom sensor which combines all car sensors per person.
This way, you will only have 2 car sensors which will turn on no matter what car the person is driving.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to add this sensor :
Link

1 Like