Automation Help with Time Conditions (Turn off lights for ##mintues between certain hours)

could it be an issue with my clock? I’m in Los Angeles where the current time is 3:45pm and that time displays correctly on my dashboard and dev-info log.

but when I check the home-assistant.log file I see that it is adding +8 hours ahead

That’s odd. I’m not seeing that behavior on my system (neither the production system running 0.80 as venv installation or the test system running 0.89 in docker). The time is the same in all logs.

Some clock setting (somewhere) needs adjustment …

very wierd, I tested and seemed have have worked when I adjusted the time (added +8 hours)

- condition: time
  after: '23:53:00'
  before: '23:55:00'

I don’t know why my system is showing two different times, and why the automation is honoring the false timezone.

for all I know, all of you guys’ solutions might have worked, its just maybe my clock is messed up

Sounds like it!

What OS is HA installed on? Raspberry Pi? Raspbian? Does that report the correct local time?
What time zone is configured in HA…

This will suck if this is what has stopped the system working lol!

I’m on HA 0.88.1 on Docker in Synology.

my container environment settings seem correct tho:

I’ve already modified my homeassistant time_zone in my config yaml

restarted HA and check the home-assistant.log file

Its still seeing a different time than my clock:

what about the host o/s? can you ssh into that? (I can on my synology)

They work but, as I’ve documented in a previous post, not the way you expect (even when your clock issues get sorted out). Your original automation still won’t shut off the lights if they were turned on before 22:30.

Anyway, first things first; get the clock problem resolved. You’re not alone; I’ve read about this problem in other posts. Unfortunately, I can’t find them now.

well i can log in to the settings, the regional time is correct. I can try to SSH when I get home, but what do I type to retrieve the info that i need once I SSH’d?

For starters, type date

My box replies:
Thu Mar 7 19:38:23 EST 2019

Ooops! You’re running on a Synology box.

Maybe this? Synology Time

Might need to google that…

But can you post the top section of your configuration.yaml?

i literally just type “date” after I SSH to my synology?

Maybe … I forgot you weren’t running on a vanilla Linux box.

Here you go, I posted it above:

I can still ssh into mine… should still work…

@DavidFW1960 what do you type in to retrieve the necessary info after SSH log in? I’m using putty to log in my Synology

just ssh to synology, seems like the date is correct to what is the current time in my area.

I fixed the date!!!

in the environments tab in the docker container my TZ was: America/Los Angeles
it was missing an underscore, should have been: America/Los_Angeles from the very beginning

Yeah had to be eh?