AWTRIX 3 - Blueprint for creating simple apps for dummies

Great - template :slight_smile: I modified it a little bit to only display the artist and title without status.

Do you see an way to modify this to not use a fixed lifetime but rather destroy the custom app (send empty payload) if the media player stops playing?

yep. will post

1. grab updated https://raw.githubusercontent.com/10der/homeassistant-custom_components-awtrix/main/awtrix-simple.yaml
  2. add condition
    additional_conditions:
      - condition: template
        value_template: "{{ playing_state == 'playing' }}"

so additional_conditions not meet blueprint will send {}

1 Like

Works like a charm - you are awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi this looks really cool! Does anyone have time to give more of a walk through / step-by-step on how to set this up for the first time? Or know of any good info, blog, or youtube links?

I just read the readme file on github but I can’t piece together yet how this all comes together. I downloaded the axtrix-simple.yaml file and moved it to config/blueprints . I’ve added awtrix: to my conguration.yaml file.

I see that there is a custom_components /awtrix_notification/ folder on github. I also see the hacs.json file and .gitignore. Do I need to download those three or are they just for developers?

I saw somewhere the instruction on downloading this via HACS but I can’t find any Awtrix realated integrations in my HACS when I do use the search field in HACS.
So I tried using the blueprint just to see what happens but nothing does yet. My first project would be to turn simple helper sensor I made called sensor.day_of_week_long (that uses this template {{ now().strftime('%A') }} ) to display the current day of the week with in icon next to it (the sensor shows each day fully spelled out ( like Sunday , Monday, etc.) . I downloaded day of the week icons to match up with the text. I’m clearly lost :sweat_smile: though but would love to figure this out! Thanks!

The first step, to download this as archive (zip file)

so now you have homeassistant-custom_components-awtrix-main.zip in you download folder

let’s unpack.
from unpacked folder you should copy folder “custom_components” to “config/custom_components” your HASS.

for example here is my folder

now just restart HASS.

add awtrix tools via UI
http://homeassistant.local:8123/config/integrations/dashboard

right now let’s test

open http://homeassistant.local:8123/developer-tools/service
and key

service: awtrix.awtrix_mini_rtttl
data: 
 rtttl: two_short:d=4,o=5,b=100:16e6,16e6 

you should hear: “beep beep”

ok. at this point you succ install awtrix tool component.

let’s copy from unpacked folder awtrix-simple.yaml to HASS "/config/blueprints/automation/10der/awtrix-simple.yaml "

reload automations

now if you’re trying to add a new automation you should see a new blueprint

I hope this help you.

4 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it’s for you, @mames13

1 Like

awtrix (18)

alias: New automation DEL ME
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: 10der/awtrix-simple.yaml
  input:
    entity: sensor.day_of_the_week_long
    awtrix_device:
      - c9678a92ae6e69605a8b90539f9e64d3
    app_icon: >-
      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
    app_name: awtrix_app_test
1 Like

I get the following error, executing your blueprint. Can you help me?

Error while executing automation automation.wetter_gross: Template rendered invalid service: awtrix.LED-Uhr_push_app_data

rename device without dash and restart HASS

I will fix a crazy naming devices :slight_smile:

Nope. Didnt solve it.

AWTRIX Temp extern: Repeat at step 4: If at step 2: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Service awtrix.leduhr_push_app_data not found
AWTRIX Temp extern: Repeat at step 4: Error executing script. Service not found for if at pos 2: Service awtrix.leduhr_push_app_data not found
AWTRIX Temp extern: Error executing script. Service not found for repeat at pos 4: Service awtrix.leduhr_push_app_data not found

can you switch to http://homeassistant.local:8123/developer-tools/service
and key here:
awtrix

and double check here:
http://homeassistant.local:8123/config/integrations/dashboard

Hm i don‘t have a service called awtrix, nor do I have an integration.
But it’s working with other integrations like the BTC tracker. :confused:
Its all running with mqtt.

good like with mqtt, Sir.
in the header of this topic
based on Awtrix (clock) notification [Custom Component]

These are AWESOME Instructions!!! I get back home this weekend and I can’t wait to try it out!! From my memory (I’ll go back and look though), I didn’t see a download zip folder on GitHub. It is on the page that you sent me above? Thanks so much!! I will keep you updated!

Oh my gosh, yassssssssss! :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

This so cool! So my new question is, is there a way to assign a unique icon for each day of the week that updates as the day changes? Kind of like how, in a weather clock, there is an individual icon displayed for each weather state (sunny, rainy) etc.? I have downloaded icons to represent each day in my week, individually, that I would like to use.
OR, ha, this feels harder to do :sweat_smile: :nerd_face: is there a way to use that updating icon of the stock Awtrix Time App that has the icon of a calendar and also the day of the month that updates (in black text by default? Time App calls them (CHCOL CBCOL and CTCOL) . I don’t yet know where the for the program for that automatically updating calendar icon is stored. Is it a a .py script somewhere? But it’s pretty cool!

1 Like

Let’s go to discord awtix topic.

1 Like

Omg i’m sorry!!!
Will try it later. Thank you!!!

1 Like