AWTRIX Light - Mega Weather + Sunrise + Moonrise

Can I also use this with GitHub - lubeda/EspHoMaTriXv2: A simple DIY status display with a 8x32 RGB LED matrix, implemented with esphome.io and Home Assistant. or am I completly wrong?

If you run awtrix light on it you can

AH ok - but its not possible to do it on an simple esp32 with 8x32 matrix led?

there is a typo in the text.
moon riese → rise

oh dear… :frowning:

I don have time to fix this now and I hope. I dont forget :rofl: but thanks for the find!!!

Hi!
First of all, thanks a lot @jeeftor for this fantastic weather app!

After running fine for a while it stopped working for me two days ago. I see the following errors in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:618
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:31:15 AM (1214 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:12:10 PM

Error rendering variables: TypeError: '>' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

The only thing I changed in my HA setup is updating my dashboards and integrating MQTT entities from teslamate.
Sending notifications via MQTT to AWTRIX still works fine, though.

Unfortunately, the link to join you Discord channel does not work for me - it says there is no text chat available.

1 Like

Thats odd about discord. I’m out until about Tuesday so I wont have a chance to look at this yet … but hopefully I’ll remember when I get back :slight_smile:

Sounds like a sensor error

Thanks, @jeeftor.
Unfortunately, I still can’t access the discord channel following your link. Tried different browsers.

Can I access more detailed logs somewhere, which might provide insights which exact sensor or variable is null?

You can’t join awtrix light discord?

I’m also on ha discord. Its prob easier to hit me there

The link in the Discord top post of this exchange topic goes nowhere. Literally says:

"No text channels - 
You are in a weird space: either you have no permissions to 
text channels or none are existing on this server"

There are users hitting up other general support threads reporting this and I see this as well.
Discord.

1 Like

Hi there!
While I love this blueprint, it’s spamming my logs with the following repeated lines:

2024-02-26 09:50:05.440 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Restarting
2024-02-26 09:50:05.445 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Running automation actions
2024-02-26 09:50:05.446 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Repeating sequence: Iteration 1 of 1 with item: 'awtrix/custom/jeef_weather'
2024-02-26 09:50:05.448 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Repeat at step 1: Running automation actions
2024-02-26 09:50:05.449 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Repeat at step 1: Executing step call service
2024-02-26 09:50:05.460 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.awtrix_weather_forecast] AWTRIX Weather ⛈️ + Forecast + 🌕️: Repeat at step 1: Executing step call service

What can I do to stop this?

Well… I may/may-not have made it run VERY VERY VERY fast like once every 5 seconds

This will eventually become a parameter you can configure yourself… I’m just busy writing integrations not blueprints right now :slight_smile:

For all who are interested, I’ve added support for the new overlay effect made available in the v0.95 firmware of AWTRIX 3. Copy the changes from the pr Overlay effects support for awtrix_weatherflow.yaml by iamdabe · Pull Request #15 · jeeftor/HomeAssistant · GitHub

or replace the awtrix_weatherflow.yaml with this one. HomeAssistant-1/blueprints/automation/awtrix_weatherflow.yaml at b5d9b74fec3b8ddd8b425f5185b1d669b5e53701 · iamdabe/HomeAssistant-1 · GitHub

I’ve also changed the default refresh trigger to be /1 minute as /5 seconds was a too quick for me

awtrix (1)

2 Likes

I am just setting mine up for the first time and am seeing the same error right out the gate. What weather integration(s) have you tried? I’m seeing the same thing with OpenWeather and Meteorologisk institutt (Met.no).

Mine is working fine now with OpenWeatherMap.
The issue I had was actually caused by an invalid API key for the ipgeolocation sensor. During copy and past the last characters were lost. It’s a pity that the error log did not point in that direction.

I’m back from vacation … happy to merge the PR → but could we add a toggle option to turn it on/off 1st/ (I’ll look at the PR and see if you’ve actually done this yet :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Same here, die you solve it?

Apparently, since update 2024.4, the weather entity has changed so that the forecast attribute is not available and this blueprint no longer works.

Are there plans to update this blueprint to accommodate the changes?

In the meantime, one workaround would be creating a new template sensor for the forecast using weather.get_forecasts service and then modify the blueprint to accept it.

Where did you get the blueprint - the one on GitHub should be updated to work with the new forecast stuff. I probably need to update the flows one but I forgot how to do that.

Ok, thanks. I will try that. The one I got from Awtrix Flows.