AZ-Touch and ESP32

I use PIRs similar to these for most of my projects that require them https://www.amazon.co.uk/Detector-HC-SR312-Pyroelectric-Infrared-Automatic/dp/B07XLKTQMG

I always add a ferrite bead (something like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Axial-Cylinder-Ferrite-Beads-Leads/dp/B00EZBI2WS) to the signal line to help minimise false triggers.

I’ve not tested these on this board, but believe they will work OK.

I have looked for that size of ferrite bead and can not find it in sweden.
Is the size important?
/Mike

I don’t think so - to be fair, you can probably omit them but I have seen a reduction in false alarms since using them - especially if you have long leads or are using them in a ‘nosy’ environment with WiFi and other radio signals in close proximity.

Looks very interesting, were you able to make any progress on this? Also bought one of these and looking to save some time ;-). If you would be willing to share

There is a recent new thread on this.

Depending on what you want to do with it, you could try openHASP.

hallo, ich möchte jetzt mal endlich wissen, da auf diverse andere Seiten (vor allem “openHAB”) wird ausdrücklich hingewiesen, dass “openHASP” ist nicht zu verwenden sei, denn es soll durch “HACS” integriert werden…
Ich habe “openHASP” installiert, der ist aber ein sehr abgespeckte Version von Tasmota…
Toll finde ich, dass der Touchoberfläche richtig installiert wird…

Ich habe in Dokus gelesen, dass die GPIO-s in openHASP bezüglich AZ-TOUCH-MOD ganz anders sind, wie es für die Arduio-Installation eigentlich vorgesehen ist…

Vielleicht deshalb funktioniert die “Touchfunktion”… Diese KOnfiguration ist in HASSIO (config,yaml) nicht möglich (falls ja, bitte um Lösung)

Wegen Abspeckung (Tasmota LVG) ist aber “openHASP” zu überlegen, ob man es sich antut, zu installieren…
Auf der Platine von Zihatec (AZ-Delivary) sind einige PIN´s offen gelassen…
in “openHASP” können jedch diese PIN´s beschränkt benutzt werden…

lt. “openHASP” sollen nur alle “Online-Temperatursensoren” angezeigt werden…
Das heißt, dass wenn man einen Thermostat mit DHT(innentemp) DS18b(aussentemp) auf die Platine steckt, (PIN´s sind vorgesehen) können diese jedoch weder installiert, noch verwendet werden…

DAS IST BLÖDSINN!!!

alle freie PIN´s sollten verwendet werden können, und man sich selbst entscheiden können, wofür… Ich benötige als Input sicherlich keine “Erschütterungssensor” auf der Wand montiert, in meiner Umgebung gibt es keine Erdbeben!!!

Was die Verwendung von “openHASP” erschwert ist die Konfiguration… Steht ja kaum etwas beschrieben, wie, wo, was gespeichert werden soll… Was soll unter “config.jason” und was “extra” gespeichert werden,
Alleine in “pages.jsonl” etwas ein zu tragen, bringt zu keine Ergebnisse…

Schade eigentlich, denn die auf “HASwitchplatte” erstellte Seiten sind wirklich schön, viel schöner, als von “Tasmota”(blaue Untergrund, wie bei 7Segment-Anzeige, dafür brauche ich ja keinen Touch-Display)

Hello, I would like to finally know, because on various other pages (especially “openHAB”) it is expressly pointed out that “openHASP” should not be used, because it is to be integrated by “HACS”…
I have “openHASP” installed, but it is a very slim version of Tasmota…
I think it’s great that the touch surface is installed correctly…

I have read in documentation that the GPIOs in openHASP regarding AZ-TOUCH-MOD are completely different from what is actually intended for the Arduino installation…

Maybe that’s why the “touch function” works… This configuration is not possible in HASSIO (config,yaml) (if yes, please provide a solution)

Due to slimming down (Tasmota LVG) you should consider installing “openHASP”…
On the circuit board from Zihatec (AZ-Delivery) some PIN’s are left open…
However, in “openHASP” these PINs can only be used to a limited extent…

according to “openHASP” only all “online temperature sensors” should be displayed…
This means that if you plug a thermostat with DHT(inside temp) DS18b(outside temp) onto the circuit board (PINs are provided), these can neither be installed nor used…

THIS IS NONSENSE!!!

all free PINs should be used, and you can decide for yourself what… I certainly don’t need a “vibration sensor” mounted on the wall as an input, there are no earthquakes in my area!!!

What makes the use of “openHASP” more difficult is the configuration… Hardly anything is described, how, where, what should be saved… What should be saved under “config.jason” and what should be saved “extra”,
Entering something in “pages.jsonl” alone does not bring any results…

It’s a pity really, because the pages created on “HASwitchplatte” are really beautiful, much more beautiful than from “Tasmota” (blue background, like 7-segment display, I don’t need a touch display for that)

English please.

Hello, I would like to finally know, because on various other pages (especially “openHAB”) it is expressly pointed out that “openHASP” should not be used, because it is to be integrated by “HACS”…
I have “openHASP” installed, but it is a very slim version of Tasmota…
I think it’s great that the touch surface is installed correctly…

I have read in documentation that the GPIOs in openHASP regarding AZ-TOUCH-MOD are completely different from what is actually intended for the Arduino installation…

Maybe that’s why the “touch function” works… This configuration is not possible in HASSIO (config,yaml) (if yes, please provide a solution)

Due to slimming down (Tasmota LVG) you should consider installing “openHASP”…
On the circuit board from Zihatec (AZ-Delivery) some PIN’s are left open…
However, in “openHASP” these PINs can only be used to a limited extent…

according to “openHASP” only all “online temperature sensors” should be displayed…
This means that if you plug a thermostat with DHT(inside temp) DS18b(outside temp) onto the circuit board (PINs are provided), these can neither be installed nor used…

THIS IS NONSENSE!!!

all free PINs should be used, and you can decide for yourself what… I certainly don’t need a “vibration sensor” mounted on the wall as an input, there are no earthquakes in my area!!!

What makes the use of “openHASP” more difficult is the configuration… Hardly anything is described, how, where, what should be saved… What should be saved under “config.jason” and what should be saved “extra”,
Entering something in “pages.jsonl” alone does not bring any results…

It’s a pity really, because the pages created on “HASwitchplatte” are really beautiful, much more beautiful than from “Tasmota” (blue background, like 7-segment display, I don’t need a touch display for that)

I “only” use Windows 10 and Android11, but all my devices (especially Google, Chrome, not just Windows) notice that when I open English texts or pages, it differs from the system language, regardless of whether it’s English or Spanish and automatically translated…
Also, if I write in English, see it translated into German.

It’s not my fault some people don’t use this why others don’t understand…
in the above posts there are some from Germany, as well as "AZ-Delivery itself is also from Germany (Zihatec branch as well) whose descriptions regarding half-finished installation can also be found in German!!! !!!

If you don’t understand something, do something about it yourself instead of blaming others!!!

I appreciate your translation, thank you. This an english only forum, so danke. I’ll answer your questions in a further post.

1 Like

many many thanks.
I believe that you will help not only me, but also other users, probably also the sellers and developers (Zichtec, AZ-Delivery and Amazon) because the hardware is really elegant, you don’t need to tinker suitable picture frames.

If you are asking for help from people who use their spare time to answer you for free then don’t blame them for asking you to write it in the forum language.

1 Like

… not correct!!!

1. I didn’t ask for help, but made a comment about “openHASP”!!!

2. still not understood???

I don’t even see it’s an English site!!!

My system language (also HASSIO) is German everywhere, like yours probably English!!!

I also had no problem with “ESP” on Chinese pages, everything was shown in German (ESSPRESIF, ESP32, or NODEMCU)

in case anyone is interested, here are pins used in openHASP…

completely different…

it’s just strange that the openHASP configuration works, but the original ones don’t!!!

MSP Series (Red PCB) - openHASP

It is really difficult to know what you are on about, there is full documentation of the pins used for az-touch are here openHASP/user_setups/esp32/az-touch-mod-esp32_ili9341.ini at 8459b632c764c344415dfc09f01153566ad66f75 · HASwitchPlate/openHASP · GitHub

To what?

1 Like

Well now you know How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

2 Likes

and for installation on ESP32:
NOT!!! as on the pages of “HASwitchplatte”…

1. assemble everything… (display on it) + USB power from PC

2. google search → “Tasmota PyFlasher” → Install on PC

3. google search → “az-touch-mod-esp32_ili9341_full_4MB_v0.6.3_497f611”

4. PyFlasher:
    Com port selection and the “.bin” selection

If the display doesn’t want to work properly because it’s the first time:

1. Restart ESP32 (power off and on again on the PC)
  2. Disconnect the PC from the home network and connect it to ESP32 (it is offered to connect as a network on the PC) ESP= “AP mode”

IP= 192.168.4.1 (as with EasyESP)

from here you can also use the phone, tablet…

by Tasmota (if installed on ESP32)

Menu selection → Update

Google search->
az-touch-mod-esp32_ili9341_ota_v0.6.3_497f611

OTA!!!
OTA.bin works in Tasmota

Are you trying to tell us that you didn’t read all the docs. Flashing is dealt with here ESP32 - openHASP and setting up wifi on the page right after.

2 Likes

“it is treated”…

just doesn’t work…

I have this little box in front of me, and I described how it works…

“py” and other stuff…

Please consider… how many are using windows, (apple) android and how many are using pinquin???

Nope, he’s telling you, that he doesnt bother about translating an english documentation to german. So he decided to take the low road and just pisses off people who are not willing to translate it for him.

It simply can’t be, that some high personality like him should be bothered by using their own brain or skills to translate these instructions. :wink:

3 Likes