Bad Wifi connection with Core 2024.02.1

Thins i update my RPI4 up to core 2024.02.1 it chrashed multiple time wifi connection my HA. Then i have to reconnect with nmcli, have to restart the Hardware, after restart Hardware can reach UI again but it works only few minutes, in this minutes i have to start setup/system/network redifine network settings in the gui than propelry the system runs another half day.
The strange thing is first it loose local ping so can’t reach esphome devices but HA still works on Nabu Casa connection, 15 20 min later even this connection breaks.
In this there is only HA CLI able to help with nmcli.

Logs? That’s how you debug.

1 Like

The issue i can’t reach the logs cause if wifi fault no ui.
Just can take Photo from CLI screen (or you tell me how i can take them of?)
Sorry for late reply Stay @ work no access to comunity

2024-02-15 08:37:05.233 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't update remote details from Home Assistant cloud (timeout)
2024-02-15 08:37:20.514 ERROR (MainThread) [metno] Access to https://aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no/weatherapi/locationforecast/2.0/complete returned error 'ClientConnectorError'
2024-02-15 08:37:41.739 WARNING (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.iot] Cannot connect because unable to refresh token: 
2024-02-15 08:37:45.236 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't update remote details from Home Assistant cloud (timeout)
2024-02-15 08:38:25.239 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't update remote details from Home Assistant cloud (timeout)
2024-02-15 08:38:25.528 WARNING (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.iot] Cannot connect because unable to refresh token: 
2024-02-15 08:38:45.856 ERROR (MainThread) [metno] Access to https://aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no/weatherapi/locationforecast/2.0/complete returned error 'ClientConnectorError'
2024-02-15 08:39:02.280 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Unexpected error in Remote UI loop
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 174, in _new_conn
    conn = connection.create_connection(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 72, in create_connection
    for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/socket.py", line 963, in getaddrinfo
    for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Try again

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/botocore/httpsession.py", line 464, in send
    urllib_response = conn.urlopen(
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 799, in urlopen
    retries = retries.increment(
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 525, in increment
    raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 770, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 715, in urlopen
    httplib_response = self._make_request(
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 404, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1058, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 363, in connect
    self.sock = conn = self._new_conn()
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 186, in _new_conn
    raise NewConnectionError(
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <botocore.awsrequest.AWSHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f7cee3140>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

needed on cli
su restart

Can you try a wired connection?

No i stay to a Hotel i toke a copy (allmost same Setup) my HA from home with me to keep develope my esphome pcb.
I stay weeks far from home.
This RPI 4 is on my side in room.
Before using Core 2024.02.1 didn’t hade this Issue 3 Weeks
I have doublecheck @home my main HA (still use it) allways online but this is wired to my LAN.
Home RPI4 → 8GB RAM 500GB M.2 on USB3 adapter works real fine did up there as well Update and there is no Issue.
So is the WIFI!

It kept half an hour connected!
now

My Laptop still online my ESPhome boards still available.
Internet same Wifi still available Just HA with Corer 2024.02.1 fail again

is
Core logs output

is
su logs output

If you are sure it is the version, try reverting to a previous version.

how to downgrade?

core update --version 2024.2.0

after

core restart.
the core lost wifi setup

I suspect it is down to the hotel wifi.

I even think 2024.2.0 wasnt real good

You can point to any version, but you’ll need a network.

i only have the operturnity to reset wifi with nmcli.
whole environment no lan port

tell me last version 2024.1.?

The 2024.1 releases are listed in the normal place. 2024.1: Happy automating! - Home Assistant

iam not that experiand sorry where is the normal place.
can you se what happen if I try to downgrade