Beginners guide to Doorbird

That’s what I am currently struggeling with. I managed to get a video stream, and audio from the Doorbird.
I am trying to setup a Asterisk SIP intercom. I managed to set up calls between my account, my wifes account, the Home Assistant tablet in our kitchen. Each can call each other. But I can’t get the Doorbird SIP calls running.

i just let the project opened without solution

My device still has the default doorbird prefix, and the name I gave to the event was something basic doorbell ring.

I’ve tried every which way I can to try and surface the triggered events following @Brononius ’ earlier ‘*’ suggestion but to no avail. Nothing shows up.

When I can again allocate some more time to this I’m going to completely start from scratch again and uninstall and reinstall the integration.

That may work to flush my Home Assistant instance of spurious entries, though there may still be quirks arising from the multiple times I’ve created and deleted event entries in the doorbird itself.

I cannot get the Event for my DoorBird triggered. Can somebody help?

I have done the following steps. I have configured my (2) DoorBird stations in HA:

Then I have checked at the DoorBird webportal and I am able to see the 2 https calls at “Favourites” which has been generated by configuring DoorBird in HA. I have checked the URL by copying it and launching it at the web browser. The result is “Ok” (so the token is correct).

Then at the DoorBird webportal I change at “Expert Settings” the “Schedule for doorbell” and set it blue to enable them always.

(the only thing I don’t understand how the two events are distinguished by DoorBird from each other or are “motion” and “somebody_pressed_the_button” preserved words?)

Now, swithing back to HA, I created an automation:

Double check if it has been generated in automations.yaml:

To make sure the Events are there:

Now pressing the button at my DoorBird or making some motion, nothing happens…

What am I missing? I takes me such a long time to get this working…
Please let me know what I’m doing wrong.

Many, many thanks…

look directly on the entity screen to now if the history show the event fired.
if no event append, try to play with the IP address of your HA on doorbird, to set a local one not the duckdns one.

So is there some way to make Homeassistant record a clip (e.g., 10s) when motion is detected, e.g., through motioneye? Motioneye’s motion detection can’t compete with the hardware sensor…

thanks for suggesting!

I did already replace the duckdns with my internal IP address, but forgot to tell this isn’t working either…

What do you mean with “look directly on the entity screen to now if the history show the event fired”? When I open the Entities and search for the doorbird, I cannot see any events fired…

I have 2 DoorBirds, the D2102V and D2101V. The D2102V software is slightly different.

But even triggered by any event at the 2 of the DoorBirds, nothing happening:

- id: '1708509316777'
  alias: doorbird_skikeller_doorbell
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: doorbird_skikeller_somebody_pressed_the_button
    event_type: doorbird_skikeller_motion
    event_type: doorbird_garage_motion
    event_type: doorbird_garage_somebody_pressed_the_button
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_ipad
    data:
      title: Skihalle
  - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_14_pro_jeroen
    data:
  mode: single

At Developer Tools, Events, Start listening to 1 of the 4 listeners, nothing happening…

I have tested pretty much, I see no options (and I’m quite experienced nowadays with HA)