Beginners guide to Doorbird

Yes it works for me. So the intergration is not the problem.

I already managed to solve the problem in test automation.

I’m also interested if someone with an example of automation

You mean something like this:

alias: Notificatie / deurbel - gong
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: doorbird_doorbird_bel
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: group.iemand
    state: home
  - condition: time
    after: "06:00:00"
    before: "23:00:00"
    weekday:
      - mon
      - tue
      - wed
      - thu
      - fri
      - sat
      - sun
action:
  - service: siren.turn_on
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: siren.begane_kelderkast_gong_deurbel
mode: single

Hello,
I followed the process described by riotmode (remove Doorbird from HA / reinstall it with a user with all permissions / create an option in HA).
I see the event in Doorbird :
slight_smile:

But when I listen to the events in HA, I see no event related to doorbird when I press the button.

I probably miss something but I don’t know what.

I thank you in advance for your support.
Pascal

The option in HA :

Thank you so much. The HTTP-Calls also wasn’t created automatically for me. So your post pointing me to the configure dialog in Home Assistant helped a lot. :slight_smile:

Obviously apparent but stupidly ignored by me during the many hours of trying to setup the HTTP-Calls:

BE SURE YOU DON’T HAVE A FIREWIRE RULE BLOCKING THE DOOORSTATION ON ONE VLAN FROM HOMEASSISTANT ON A DIFFERENT VLAN :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

The only good news was that I finally realized the problem right before I was getting ready to give up

1 Like

Hello,

is there a possibility to trigger the bell (Doorbird A1061W) from HomeAssistant?

I want to trigger the ring of the bell when something happend in HA.

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem! I tried changing the name and a lot of other stuff… I dont know what im doing wrong… does anyone have a possible solution?

The state_changed, last_motion events pop up when idling on the doorbird app, but if I press any button like the bell and relay it doesnt work. If I visit the http call link it says “OK” and works fine, the event pops up, but if I press the relay or the physical bell button (yes I added the http call schedule) nothing happens!

Edit: I figured it out… it had something to do either with Windows blocking it or some Hyper-V setting. It worked easily once I installed HA on my intel NUC!

You could scrape the webhook url, it triggers the bell.

Hey,
I’m trying to configure the events in Homeassistant for days but no success.

I’m using die Doorbird integration with UI.

The initial setup run fine. I get the Video und buttons for Relais. But if I configure the event names in HA the Doorbird integration Stopps working. Restarting HA didn’t solve the problem. The integration do not start anymore.

No further information in the debugging protocol. I only get the message:

“ Doorbird configuration failed. Please verify that API Operator permission is enabled for the Doorbird user. A restart will be required once permissions have been verified.”

but it’s definitely activated. Any ideas how the find a way out?

Best regards
Christian

No ideas? Nobody?

This worked for me…

hello, did someone add in the integration the audio part listen and speak with the doorbird ?
it’s the only fonction i need to a full integration doorbird / HA

Hello all,

I manage to recieve the https calls from Doorbird device in my HA.
I can see them in the HA development tools → event listener.
But who can I trigger an event with this incomming https call?
I want to switch on a lamp (already included in HA) by the incomming call from the doorbird.
Can anybody help me? I’m struggeln with this since a couple of days.

thanks and best regards
Florian

Events are not created?

I managed to install the Doorbird integration, create some event in the popup, then link these events in the http calls in the Doorbird cloud.

But when I come back to HA, I don’t find the events in the ‘developper mode’ > ‘events’?
Can somebody explain me what trigger these creations? A reboot of both the Doorbird and HA didn’t solve it.

ps I’ve got a firewall in between (doorbird on VLAN A, server on VLAN B), but can’t see anything blocking. VLAN A towards B is fully open qua UDP/TCP traffic. And not sure if a firewall will block the creation of the events in HA?

Exactly the same issue I’m experiencing.

Summarising my configuration steps;

[Assuming HA DoorBird Integration has been successfully installed, has auto discovered the DoorBird doorbell device and the cameras and Relay entities have been successfully generated, which also assumes an extra HA specific User has previously been created in the DoorBird device admin backend, such that HA is clearly successfully communicating with the DoorBird doorbell device API.]

Step 1: Create the event names desired within the Home Assistant DoorBird Integration UI via the ‘CONFIGURE’ function UI;
Step 2: Access the DoorBird admin backend via the iOS app or desktop browser WebAdmin UI and select the “Favourites” menu, then the ‘HTTP(S) Calls’ events listing displaying all created events and the associated http URLs. Check that the desired correct Home Assistant event names now have an associated Doorbird API URL, the event actions names of which will have been expanded to include the DoorBird default device name inserted in front of the event names added in Step 1 above, and a HA generated token appended at the end.
[Note: the DoorBird LAN-2-LAN document warns to log into the DoorBird app at this point using the same credentials used to create the event names in Home Assistant.]
Step 3: Select the “Expert Settings”, then the “Schedule for doorbell” option, and then in the resulting “Schedule for actions” window select the “HTTP(S) Calls” events option from the top left drop down menu. Then select each created event action from the center drop down menu, and, for testing purposes, select the top right rectangular grid button to enable all available 30min timeslots across the week to be highlighted for that action. Click the ‘Save’ button and repeat as desired for the other event action options.
Step 3: Reboot both Home Assistant and the DoorBird door unit.
Step 4: In the HA “Developer tools” window, select the “Events” tab “Listen to events” section insert the HA event name for the matching DoorBird event action URL desired to test, say, the

doorbell_button_pressed

event - and select the “START LISTENING” button.
Step 5: Initiate a physical doorbell press event on the DoorBird device and expect to see an event response in Home Assistant. Only in my case no matter how many ways I attempt to slice and dice it the connection is completely silent - no event response ever appears.

Did you manage to solve this issue in your case @Brononius ?

There must be some crucial step I’m missing in all this despite scouring the forums, reading and re-reading the HA Integration set-up guidance, as well as attempting to decipher the DoorBird LAN-2-LAN API manual itself, to invoke this connection?

Seems the events are created, but not shown in the side menu? At least for me.

When I filter on ‘*’ and press the doorbird, the logs (events) will show the correct event listener. Which I used in the rules, and working…

What name did you give to your doorbell?

The thing that took me a while to figure out is that you always need the prefix doorbird_[YOUR DOORBELL NAME]_YOUR_EVENT_NAME.

For example, I named my doorbell “doorbird” and my event “doorbell_rang”. Then the event you need to listen to is “doorbird_doorbird_doorbell_rang”

The first prefix is !always! doorbird_