BeoLink (Bang & Olufsen)

Thanks @cklit much appreciated. Been tempted to get the stage but as the TV is right next to another B&O speaker it feels a bit overkill :grinning:

It’s B&O, nothing is overkill :wink:

1 Like

I’ve created a Blueprint for this scenario: Which product is joined? - YouTube

Link to Blueprint Link to Blueprints: Start import – My Home Assistant

@cklit could you please tell me where i can find the possible beoradio radio station contentIds, like 6336061628069729 ?

Because I would like to set the radio station to my favorite one, but I don’t know where to get its ID.

In the post for ActiveSources:

{
    "primaryExperience": {
        "source": {
            "id": "beoradio:[email protected]"
        }
    },
    "contentId": "6336061628069729"
}

Only way I can find right now is to open the notification stream in your browser: http://<speaker_ip>:8080/BeoNotify/Notifications

In the B&O app, start the station you want to find the ID on. Then in the notification stream, look for something like this:

You should be able to see stationId in there (in the last part of the message) :slight_smile:

1 Like

So great, it worked! Thanks a lot, I now have integrated my BeoPlay A9 (Gen 1 Gen 2) into Alexa via a Raspberry Pi + Node-RED + your Postman Collection.

Alexa thinks its a light bulb, I can turn it on and off and set a percentage (for volume).
I can also set the light color, which I use in order to change radio stations (for example when I say “change to station 1”, Alexa will set the light bulb color to yellow and node-red then will set the radio station to station 1, based on the color.

I also hooked up a Philips Hue Dimmer Switch as a Remote Control for the A9 (On = Start Radio / Off = System Standby / Increase or Decrease Volume)

Node-Red flow (I made variants for TuneIn as well as BeoRadio, currently only using BeoRadio):

Cool!

Back when I used Nodered for everything, I also made a lot of subflows to make it easier to send specific commands in automations:

BTW, it must be an A9 2nd gen or newer, otherwise you would not have B&O Radio :slight_smile: (Just saying in case someone with a 1st gen at a later point discovers this and gets all excited :wink: )

Hi, I bought it back in 2016 and just checked the Amazon order - your are correct, I have a 2nd gen A9!
My memories tricked me :slight_smile:

Your nodered flows are much more extensive than mine, but since the Alexa integration as a lightbulb is a bit limiting anyway, I just use the integration to control the radio player functionality via voice and remote control - sufficient for my needs.

1 Like

Sorry for (potentially) dumb question. I installed the BeoPlay integration via HACS, it find 3 of my four B&O devices (not my Level for some reason). But it find my Stage, which enables me to control my LG TV with my Beoremote1.

When I install you blueprint @cklit, no devices show up, so I cannot control my blinds nor light? What am I doing wrong?

Hi!

Unfortunately the blueprint is for the Bang & Olufsen integration (Mozart based products), not the Beoplay integration. That being said, I think I can relatively quickly modify the Blueprint to work with the Beoplay integration also (will be a separate blueprint). I’ll have a look at it tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here you go. Two different blueprints for the beoplay integration. One for controlling lights with Light commands, and one for controlling a cover entity using the Control commands.

Light: Beoremote 1 Light control for ASE products · GitHub

How it works:
List → Light +
Arrow up : Brightness up 6%
Arrow down : Brightness down 6%
Center button or Play button : Turn on lights
Digit 0 or Pause button: Turn off lights
Digit 1 : 11% brightness
Digit 2 : 22% brightness

Digit 8 : 88% brightness
Digit 9 : 99% brightness

Cover: Beoremote 1 Shade control for ASE products · GitHub

How it works:
List → Control +
Arrow up : Open shade
Arrow down : Close shade
Center button : Stop shade
Digit 0 : 0% open
Digit 1 : 11% open
Digit 2 : 22% open

Digit 8 : 88% open
Digit 9 : 100% open

1 Like

Any Beoplay A8 users here that got it to work?

I’m afraid you’re out of luck with that one.

God damn it you are a monster. So fast.
You are brilliant. :muscle:
Thanks so much!!!

For covers I am struggling a bit as my blinds has both top, bottom and combined motors for each cover.

Is there ANY way to control more lights than eg. One room or entity. Imagine that IN the beoremote when I click light I could select rooms or entities. Same for covers? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: There are already some curtains, windows, and different light group/modes. If that could be tailored to my home it would be amazing.

Ps. Any experience with tuning a Beoremote Halo as well? :crossed_fingers:

For covers I am struggling a bit as my blinds has both top, bottom and combined motors for each cover.

Which service_calls are you using to open, close and stop. And are you able to set position?

Is there ANY way to control more lights than eg. One room or entity. Imagine that IN the beoremote when I click light I could select rooms or entities. Same for covers? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: There are already some curtains, windows, and different light group/modes. If that could be tailored to my home it would be amazing.

Hmm. In the old days on the Beo4 remote there was a ‘Bulb’ function in the list to control specific lights in a room. However I don’t think this is available in Beoremote 1 BT. I f I was you I would make an automation that maybe uses the 4 colour buttons to toggle the specific lights you want to control - or I can add it to the Blueprint at a later point, if you can wait a bit.

You can try to download the ASE Light blueprint again. I’ve added the possibility to do basic control of extra bulbs/groups (toggle/dim up/dim down) - see below image. Main lights works like previously.

I haven’t tested it, but in theory it should work :wink: EDIT: At least now it does.

Blueprint url:

Regarding Beoremote Halo I only have this, which is a Nodered flow that I’ve made. Would love to have a custom component for HA developed, but I simply dont have the skills to do it myself. BeoLink (Bang & Olufsen) - #159 by CMDK

I’m using Beoplay for several devices in my house.

I would like to group them in my Lovelace and I have chosen to use the mini_media_player as I think this is the best (?) for my purposes.

I don’t get this working 100% properly, but I’m almost there… If you can help me a bit…
The “join” function doesn’t work, it messages “Failed to call service beoplay/join. Service not found.”.
It should use the service “beoplay.beoplay_join_experience:”. Can somebody look at my code what I’m doing wrong?

Also I see on Github (GitHub - kalkih/mini-media-player: Minimalistic media card for Home Assistant Lovelace UI) that somebody has created a kind of fake/empty “player: entity: media_player.multiroom_player” and below this item, it looks like the real devices are listed which can be joined, also with a volume slider per individual device. This looks by the way, even better. What am I doing wrong…?

If you can help me a bit, thanks in advance!

The code I have created, I have copied below:

type: custom:mini-media-player
entity: media_player.beosound_edge_kitchen_2
name: Kitchen Beosound Edge
group: true
volume_stateless: false
artwork: material
source: full
sound_mode: full
info: scroll
controls: true
mute: true
power_state: true
hide:
  icon: true
service:
  beoplay.beoplay_join_experience: null
speaker_group:
  platform: beoplay
  show_group_count: true
  expanded: true
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker_2
      name: Living Room Beosound Stage
    - entity_id: media_player.beosound_core_dining_outside_2
      name: Dining Outside Beosound Core
    - entity_id: media_player.beosound_core_swimming_pool_2
      name: Swimming Pool Beosound Core
    - entity_id: media_player.beoplay_m5
      name: Masterbedroom Beoplay M5

No-one experience with the mini_media_player in conjunction with Beoplay devices?

I have created now an Automation which creates the multi-room experience as soon as the main device is starting to play something. But, because this is a rental unit, it’s not ideal because not everyone wants to use all speakers with multi-room immediately after playing something. It should be the choice of…

I would love the multiroom experience by turning it on by moving the slider at the dashboard.

how to we maker halo show up in home assistant?