BeoLink (Bang & Olufsen)

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I’ve been struggling for weeks on trying to choose a radio station on a device.

I’m happily able to switch on a Beovision-11, choose the source (Radio) but can’t seem to be able to choose the radio station to play. Can you advise me on the automation that selects the radio station number?

try this:
POST http://tv-ip:8080/BeoZone/Zone/Digits

Body:

{
    "digits": 4
}

Thanks - but how do I use this in an automation? Sorry again for the basic question- I’ve just started using HA

I’ve added comments here:
https://www.pastiebin.com/64feb846de136

Remember you can only send one digit at a time.

That’s perfect! Thanks.

1 Like

I am still trying to connect my Beosound Balance or my new Beosound A5 to HASS, but I fail at the very beginning: “Failed to connect”.

When I enter the devices IP in my browser, I can connect fine. What can I do?

You’re trying to add Mozart products using the wrong integration :slight_smile: use GitHub - bang-olufsen/bangolufsen-hacs: Home Assistant integration for Bang & Olufsen products. Compatible devices: Beolab 8, Beolab 28, Beosound 2 3rd gen, Beosound A5, Beosound A9 5th gen, Beosound Balance, Beosound Emerge, Beosound Level and Beosound Theatre instead

Hi,

Coming late to this thread. I spotted the Halo in a store yesterday (I need to get out more as first time I saw it) and it looks like what I have been looking for physically to replace by Nuimo devices. My goal is to use this as a controller in Home Assistant to control Hue lights, Sonos, some relays I have added for roof lights, etc.

Looking at the out of box videos for the Halo, seems you connect into your WiFi using the B&O app, is there anything else I would need to be able to use this in HomeAssistant with the integrations discussed ? Specifically, do I need a B&O AV device or a Beoliving Intelligence? wanting to check before I grab a Halo as I could see it could become costly !

Thanks !

The link no longer works.
I recently purchased halo and now I need your help.

I have tested again, if I could wake up the Avant with the B&O App but even this is not working. So, it makes no use to trace the command of the app given. The only way to wake it up, is via the B&O Remote One physically.

Is there anyone who knows how to wake up the Avant via a software URL command? Now, I can only turn it on via the remote physically, while for my guests I want to wake up the Avant via a command and starting to stream a TuneIn channel to welcome.

I decided to join the HA community just to answer your question! :wink: The short answer is, you only need the B&O app to get the Halo onto your network. Any automation you wish to do is all done through a websocket server you create. Plus you can set one of the buttons to be “Default”, which means that when the Halo wakes it will focus on that page/button.

I set mine up through the Node-Red add-on integration in HA and currently have two pages configured:

• Page 1 - Samsung TheFrame TV controls
    • Toggle the TV between on/off
    • Switch between HDMI sources
  • Page 2 - AppleTV controls
    • Navigate to main menu
    • Play/Pause media (turning the wheel from this button will control volume, which the TV is connected to a BS Stage)
    • Select button (turning the wheel will scroll left-right)
    • Back button (turning the wheel will scroll up-down)
    • 3 direct app buttons for TV, Netflix, and Prime Video

The scrolling solution isn’t really my favorite, but it is pretty cool to explore what can be done. There also seems to be a timeout on what the wheel controls because after some time it reverts back to being volume control. Might also be something buggy in what I have written.

Other things that I have experimented with and plan to expand upon:

1. Sending notifications to the Halo. I want to make a iPhone Shortcut that will call a HTTP endpoint in HA, which can then send a notification to the Halo that I have a text message from a loved one. Allows me to detach myself from my phone while at home and still be aware when something important needs attention.
  2. Add more Samsung functionality that will also allow me to control the cable box.
  3. Request information (is the garage closed, what’s the weather going to be like, other nonsense like that) and have it display as a TV notification.

Plus the usual things like light control, scenes, favorites, etc.

Hopefully this helps and inspires!

Sorry for late reply. This should get you started (maybe).

It took me a little while to figure out NordRed and Flow, but this awesome thing works perfectly!!!
Great thanks.

Sorry, I should have given you some instructions, just didnt have the time rigtht there. Glad you figured it out anyways :+1:

Inspired by @cklit’s HA + Node Red, I used that and my Halo to create a customized content control for my Samsung theFrame and AppleTV. Here’s a short demonstration video.

The ring around the play/pause button is the content’s progress bar, while the button on the right is volume control with mute/unmute. Since I didn’t get far enough into the content, here is a photo.

1 Like

One more photo. This is using an iPhone Shortcut to detect when I receive a text message, then calls a Node Red endpoint that pushes a notification to the Halo.

2 Likes

Hi fseven
Could you share a small todo if I would like to try out the HA-Halo integration :hugs: Do I need to install Node-RED Companion Integration? Could you share a quick jumpstart :hugs: Kinds Regards
Frank

Hi Frank - I had some other folks in another forum express their interest, so I would definitely love to share.

Technically speaking, you could probably do this without Node-Red, but the HA + Node-Red integration will be far simpler to integrate as it takes out a lot of the upfront effort you would have to do otherwise. I ended up going the managed HA route, as this was the easiest to integrate Node-Red, plus I got access to the other add-on options.

Give me just a bit to put some things together. My plan is to start people with something simple, just to get the understanding of how to work with Halo, and then advance it from there. I probably post as a YouTube series and toss up some code for people to use/follow in GitHub. I’ll post here when I have things ready!

1 Like

Are you seriously sharing info on how to configure my Halo to just like I want it? So I can change it from the factory setting/way that B&O has made???

If so, I am so grateful!

I tried to paste in your node-red, but have never used it before, so I am 100% lost. :smiley:

Hello! Could you (or someone else?) please repost the rest_command to be put in the configuration file as pastiebin seems to be down?