Best FloorPlan Software?

Not 100% sure this is in the right place, so please move if not.

What are some of the best and cheapest Floor Plan software you guys are using?
Ideally one time purchase and also with things like outdoor /Pools / Decks etc.

Thank

There were a rash of posts a couple of years ago on using floor plans for a UI, may be worth a search of those posts.

Good luck with the retarded forum search though :slight_smile:

I know but a lot of these posts are now outdated, and the software listed has become pretty commercialized and super expensive.

So far i’ve tried 2,

1. 4Plan from Windows Store (Doesnt support anything outside the house, decks etc)
  2. NCH DreamPlan (Pretty good, only 20USD)

Just making sure I dont miss anything before hitting the go button on NCH.

How about a $3 option?

I use SweetHome 3D. It’s free.

3 Likes
1 Like

this is from dreamplan plus NCH i did this last night in couple of hours. its also free trial.

Take a look at Floor 3D Card:

You can directly import 3D models built in SweetHome 3D, move them around, click on objects to turn them on, etc.

2 Likes

I know this is an old post, but I thought I’d mention how I did this. It was a lot of work but produced a great result. Basically I modelled my house layout in SketchUp (I’d use fusion360 if I were doing it again now). Then I found a bunch of textures and models online for free on various free game asset sites that just looked close to my stuff. The big boost was getting pictures of rugs I bought from the stores I bought from. Then I assembled those things plus lights in Unity (not sure I’d use this anymore). I placed a camera in the spot I wanted for my home dashboard, then I ran a small script that individually turns on each light and takes a screenshot. I then have a second script that generates alpha lighting images via the difference between the no light image and each light image. The result of all of this is 1 “all off” image and one alpha overlay for each light. Then I used the floorplan methods you’ll see elsewhere but overlayed and alpha blended the various images when each light was turned on. The result is excellent, but holy cow was it a lot of work. I’ve not maintained it at all, so as things change, it’s a huge pain to update anything. I’d love a better solution. Here’s a pic of the result:

So the main steps would be:

1. Layout creation
  2. Texturing and furniture
  3. Light positioning
  4. Rendering light maps
  5. Populating HA yaml with outputs from 3 and 4
  6. Wiring up the buttons to the right lights

A WYSIWYG editor for 1-3 and 6 would be incredible. The rest can be automated. Though I’d say 3 and 6 are the main hassle in maintenance.

1 Like