Best most powerful zigbee stick?

Today get a report from a user of LAN Coordinator, that is working with cheap Chinese POE Adapter

I quick question on the LAN coordinator, if I remove the ETH shield is de USB stick then 100% the same as the zigstar v4 USB stick ?

1 Like

Thanks alot , that sounds great . When can I expect it to be shipped ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is 2 in 1. But because of some production mistake we have LAN only and LAN/USB version.
Single difference between them is that LAN only is working exclusively only over LAN.
Anyway this batch is small and will be finished soon.

Thank you for order and interest in this tiny small design :slight_smile: please PM with your details.
But if to jump in front, shipping is done tomorrow morning of big batch of LAN

thanks Radu, shipment has been arrived :wink:

1 Like

Right now I’m using Conbee2 but collecting information related to potential incompatibilities of ikea devices resulting in their battery drain.

I found no tech answers why ikea battery powered devices are drained with some coordinators but not with others.

Is your coordinator free of this issue?

1 Like

Hi Radu,

few questions. Looked at your static ip example but two observations.

1. I’m not using home assistant. Does this mean I can skip the “substituions:” block?
  2. Would be great if you could post your default template as text (rather than picture). This way everyone can just copy paste. (EDIT: Found this, so I guess this is what we need to use, right? https://github.com/mercenaruss/zigstar_gateways/blob/main/files/ESP-HOME/zigstar-gw-lan.yaml )

All the GPIO entries are correct for the LAN only GW you sent to me?

In regards to your flashing guide: This shows different information in text and picture. It tells for Windows, using the TI Flasher, select correct device as “CC2652P” but all pictures show “CC2652R”. Which entry is correct for the Stick and the GW?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately i cant answer this question. No ikea in my setup.

thank you for the answer anyway.

Maybe someone else have them in his system

Hi Stefan,

1. No, it’s recommended to use substitutions. Because there are settings like: device name,friendly name,api,etc. But you can try to adjust according to your needs.
  2. Yeah, is correct. Yaml file is available from the moment of release.

Yes, is any problem?

Both of them use CC2652P,i dont make any devices with CC2652R inside at the moment.

Best Regards

1 Like

thanks a lot, no problems.

@all, I printed the provided shell for the LAN GW. Not my best print (small elephant foot), but it fits perfectly.

1 Like

Package arrived today. Good service !

Hi, I use 2pcs CC2530 coordinator and router but want to change it to yours.
I use with synology nas ha and z2m in docker. Do you know is it working good with synology 7.0 dsm usb? Thank you!

Hi, I’m using QNAP NAS with HA, for me is working perfectly.
No idea about Synology,but if USB passthrough is working, then everything should be fine.
You can check if is compatible with CH340C, this is the UART chip used in my designs.

Also I made LAN Coordinator, what is working over LAN network and is not dependent on any drivers. Is perfect for virtual machines. Unfortunately at the moment no stock, but will have soon.

1 Like

Does this work with ZigBee devices in the US?

1 Like

On synology after 7.0DSM update USB devices (Wi-Fi dongle, Bluetooth dongle, 3G/4G dongle, USB DAC/speaker, and DTV dongle) are no longer supported. So must hack it to use my old CC2530. But it is use cp210x driver, so thats why I asked you.
When will you have this stick again?

1 Like

The stick is available now, LAN Coordinator is not available, will be possible in 2 weeks time.

Hi, yes, what can be the reason to not work?
Maybe is something i miss, but according to what i know all ZigBee devices use same protocols and frequency. Have many orders from US.

Has anyone already tried to switch from a cc2530 to this one? I’m thinking of getting one but the idea of having to re-pair all the devices …

I have read some issue in which it seems that not everything is going as smooth as it should