Best option to controll Somfy IO motor for blinds

Hi,

I’ve 6 Somfy IO motors for blinds working on 868 MHz. I’ve read a lot topics “how to connect to HA” but unfortunately have no idea what’s current state. Is possible to control IO motoros from HA localy. Or what options we currently have?

Most preferred is solution is local which requires no cloud. I’m also thinking about motor replacement for some zigbee or z-wave ones. But welcome solution is local or or using minimum integration like Velux at least.

Cheers.

Currently this is only possible with an Overkiz (e.g. Somfy) hub. Do you already own a hub?

Looking at Fiche comparative TAHOMA SWITCH vs KIT CONNECTIVITE_A4_1221.indd (somfy.com), they will perhaps add a local API in the future, since they list this in the document.

Thanks for reply.

No, I have no hub now. I have just remote controllers “Situo 5 var A/M IO pure II B”

Documet looks fine and brings a peace of hope into dark Somfy world. I’m OK to buy Tahoma switch (even a price) to use local API but have to be sure it really works. I’ve found different thread Somfy Connectivity Kit support for Overkiz and/or HomeKit so it looks really optimistic.

Local support is not present (yet?). It was just mentioned in that document, hence I am more interested in the TaHoma Switch. However, in the mean-time you can use the HomeKit local support (if all your devices are supported).

1 Like

A year and a half ago I installed 5 Somfy brand awnings in my house that are controlled from a Situo 5 IO pure II remote. Since then I have done a lot of research on how to integrate it from Home Assistant so that they are fully automatic and all the paths led me to systems like TaHoma that, apart from being expensive, are totally closed. Finally I have chosen to simulate it manually based on electronics and using ESPHome. At the moment I have tested it and I am developing it but it works. You can see the idea in the following image. Simpler than the mechanism of a pacifier :slight_smile:

Tienes más información aquí.

4 Likes

i’m trying to do the same but my problem is i need to controll 3 blinds seperately over alexa. it will be harder with the 4th button where you choose in wich state it is.

Has anyone tried the Connectivity Kit? It’s cheaper than Tahoma

i think for 99 bucks a bond bridge will work

TL;DR: Just read the bold text.

Let’s see…

Somfy IO (or io-homecontrol®) has a different protocol. Unless there is strong evidence a device will support it, I’ll assume it will work with non-IO Somfy devices only.

A sales representative once suggested me the Somfy TaHoma switch, which is €200 (quite expensive) and requires Internet to function properly.

Instead of those, I believe Velux KLF 200 will work well, as it can talk the proprietary IO protocol (1) (2) and it provides a local API that can be used with HA. Users have also reported success in this forum, and even in OpenHAB.

[EDIT: months later, I can confirm Velux KLF 200 works fine with Somfy IO blinds.]

3 Likes

The Somfy TaHoma switch also offers a local API nowadays. It is just not integrated in Home Assistant yet. I was able to buy one new through the ‘Dutch ebay’ for 150 euro. Still expensive though.

Did this topic came to success? How to control Somfy IO blinds?

The two message just above yours have both the answers to your question.

I am using the Bond bridge to control my Somfy shades.
I still have issues with training the “Shade Store” which uses the AUTOMATE TSS 15CH ARC Remote, working with Bond folks.

The Bond bridge has a nuisance feature that blinks their LEDs when the internet goes down. Asking them to silence that at night, as it lights up the ceiling in the bedroom.

Recent software update works with my Shade Store MT-02 but something else went wrong and struggled for a few weeks to reset after a jammed update. Finally got that fixed.
Somfy programming does try to “time” the open/close of the shades (patio awning), but I still can’t ask for a specific mid-range position.
Unfortunately I only get to play with this a few minutes a week.