BG WIFI 2-Gang SP Weatherproof Socket

Hi,

I’ve just purchase BG WIFI 2-Gang SP Weatherproof Socket hoping I could intergrate it into HA. Should of checked first :frowning:

Any ideas on how I can intergrate this into HA?

It looks.like the usual BG ones, have a read here it shows how to get it into HA using the broadlink app

Perfect, switched to the broadlink app and intergated into HA.

Thank you!

Any news on this?

I’ve just installed some but the broadlink all refuses to pair with them. They’ve paired fine with the BG app but I need to add them to HA.

Sorted this - used the wife’s phone as a hotspot with the same name as my Google mesh (can’t be split into 2.4 & 5) and unplugged the Google mesh. Joined the hotspot with my phone and put the sockets into pairing mode (hold the power button until fast flashing)

Joined the BG sockets using the broadlonk app and made sure to select them as a power strip device -General WiFi Device does not work. (I had to block the rest of the house from joining the hotspot as it has a 10 device limit)

Killed off the hotspot and powered up the Google mesh, waited a few seconds and the sockets joined the network.

Once joined I was able to unlock the sockets and then add them manually to home assistant.

1 Like

I created these instructions for myself about a year ago.

They might be still relevant, but posting here for others in case they are. Hope they help.

• Used BG Home app, setup to add device using AP config
  • Set socket into AP mode (intermittent flashing buttons)
  • Socket connected to phone by selecting the BGHome-xxxxx network as per app info popup
  • Select 2.4G network to be used and socket connect to wifi (in some cases had to repeat this step)
  • Don’t add socket to BG Home app as this will lock it. i.e. stop when ‘Add to room’ appears.
  • Used Broadlink app to setup socket, it finds the newly added one when you run app.
  • Name socket and unlock
1 Like

Hello, Sygad,

Which version of broadlink do you use please because i am struggling to get any of the versions to connect to the switches.

The Broadlink app I have installed says it is version 1.7.14

Since I wrote those instructions I have updated my phone, but I have not yet had cause to use the app again.