Binary sensor problem

Hello,
I have updated hass.io to the latest version yesterday (141). Since then I have some problems with my zigbee devices, specifically the binary sensors (xiaomi aqara proximity sensors). I’m running ‘Mosquitto broker’ and ‘zigbee2mqtt’ add-on. The same setup has been working on older versions of hass.io and zigbee2mqtt. I’m not sure if my problem is hass.io and/or on of the plugins problems. I couldn’t find an answer in the forums.

The problem: the states of the binary sensors aren’t updating properly. Sometimes they do change from ‘off’ to ‘on’, but then they don’t change back to ‘off’ anymore, ever. Only a reboot can change them back to ‘off’.

Then another question: How do I properly delete a sensor? I find different answers online for different versions and honestly I don’t know anymore. I’ve tried deleting entries in some of the .storage files but that always leads to a non-booting hass.io. Can someone explain to me how to properly delete a light/sensor/whatever without breaking it? This would be very hulpfull for deleting faulty entries.

Thanks!

shameless self bump.
How do I install an older version of the zigbee2mqtt plugin? I rolled back hass.io and still have the same problem.

after many re-installs (because I don’t know how to properly delete entities) I have finally got a working setup! I pinpointed the problem now: renaming the ‘entity_id’ breaks the sensors. Weirdly enough it doesn’t break zigbee lights, just the xiaomi aqara sensors. Renaming it back to it’s original name doesn’t fix it.

I’m now stuck with 1 broken sensor. Again I’d like to ask the community how to delete this one so I can re-pair it. Help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like