BLE BBQ thermometer

I have an electric smoker which does not have a temperature setting and because of that tends to be too hot. I had a great idea and used a Xiaomi smart plug to get lower temperature by simply setting an automation of on/off/on/off with one minute interval. Works great, but of course setting a specific temperature with just guessing on off timing is bit cumbersome :slight_smile:

Is anyone aware of BLE BBQ thermometer which I could use for HA Generic Thermostat input? Even fancier would be one with at least two probes, one for smoker temperature and second one for meat temperature.

Check out this post:

Thanks for the tip, but this is not what I am looking for. I just want to have wireless, hopefully BLE based thermometers which integrate with Home Assistant.

I have two of these.

Kitchen Oven Thermometer Wireless Smart BBQ Meat Food Cooking Steak Thermometer Bluetooth Outdoor Barbecue Gifts|Temperature Gauges| - AliExpress.

They are BLE and pair with an android app. They have two temp sensors, one in the probe (meat) and another, presumably in the plastic bit (oven).

I have tried to get it working with esphome, but not since the recent improvements to the BLE components.

Once I get some time, I am sure I can get the temps into esphome and therefore HA. As it is winter here, the barbeque is not in use so I haven’t looked at it again.

Open MQTT Gateway seems to support BLE BBQ sensors:

GitHub - 1technophile/OpenMQTTGateway: MQTT gateway for ESP8266, ESP32, Sonoff RF Bridge or Arduino with bidirectional 433mhz/315mhz/868mhz, Infrared communications, BLE, beacons detection, mi flora, mi jia, LYWSD02, LYWSD03MMC, Mi Scale compatibility, SMS & LORA.

Did you find any solution?