Blind automation - supplier recommendations Australia

Hi all, mainly a question (as per subject) on any advice on suppliers of blinds and automation systems that fit into the HA environement.

Cheers

1 Like

I’ve just ordered a bunch of Norton Portrait battery operated TDBU (top down bottom up) motorised cellular blinds from honeycombblinds.com.au

Their just released hub works with Homekit, so it should work with home assistant.

Well, mostly… Each TDBU blind has two motors. One for raising and lowering the bottom rail and one for raising and lowering the middle rail. The middle rail only works with their app and not Homekit. If you only want top down blinds this is not an issue. Only an issue for top down bottom up types.

So I ordered a bunch of extra wireless remotes. I’m going to interface them with ESPHome. Already designed and ordered some PCBs and parts. Each remote can control 5 blinds and has three favourite positions for each blind (I only need one for each) as well as stop, open, close, middle lower and middle raise buttons. I will have a play around with the hub too. It may be useful for some state feedback.

Delivery of the blinds is expected in three weeks.

cheers Tom… I will wait till I hear your results but sounds promising already

I do not recommend them. Go with Luxaflex / Hunter Douglas instead. Norman TDBU blind control