Blink Camera Outdoor not showing live stream

Hello guys,

I recently bought a Blink Outdoor Camera.
I already configured the integration on HA, which correctly created 4 entities.

One of those, the camera, is not working properly. The entity is available, but no video streaming is showed.

In the log i always have this error:

Logger: blinkpy.camera
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/blinkpy/camera.py:154
First occurred: 23 novembre 2020, 9:57:37 (289 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:52:48

Could not find thumbnail for camera Porta Ingresso

Did i wronged something?

If I can provide more information, please tell me.

Thank you in advance!

Video streaming isn’t supported by the Blink platform yet.

Thank you for the reply!
I just realized that I can “only” use snapshots, which is enough for the most cases in my point of view.

Anyway, do you think that the Live Stream will be included as a feature? Or Bilnk is “closed” to this kind of integration of Third party apps?

It appears like we’ll be able to support it, but have to do some debugging to figure out exactly how to make the required APi calls (no timeline on that though)

Cool. Thank’s again for your support!

I’ve looked at their API and can get the address for the live stream. The only problem is that it appears to be a proprietary format (likely due to the 2 way audio). Hopefully someone can figure this out, because this would be a great addition into Home Assistant. I’m not sure Amazon will be too helpful in figuring out this streaming format though.

+1

It’s very interesting for me too

Any news here? :confused:

1 Like

Is video streaming now supported? Picked up some cameras for prime day and would love to have the sreams

Me too… The Prime Day was NOT good :slight_smile:

Any update on this thread?

Even playing motion-initiated clips would be better than nothing. Maybe even adequate.

1 Like

Since the module and every cameras have a separate IP address on my LAN maybe we could get the live stream directly by finding each camera its unique http port 443 address, user and password ?

any update?

2023 is there any update. Or at least update snap shot when motion happens?

any news?
Nothing from 2019?

Why not update integration?

Blink doesn’t support real time streaming protocol (RTSP) I recommend checking out Reolink as an alternative. You can define the camera’s stream_source: address in the configuration.yaml

Hey all, the best solution ive been able to come up with is to force blink to trigger a new snapshot as fast as I can get the api to respond. The best ive been able to do is every 20 seconds it triggers all of my cameras to take a snapshot. Then waits 5 seconds and forces HA to refresh from blink. Its not a great solution but hope this helps someone else!

alias: Update Cameras
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    hours: "*"
    minutes: "*"
    seconds: /20
condition: []
action:
  - service: blink.trigger_camera
    data: {}
    target:
      device_id:
        - XXX camera id
        - XXX camera id
      entity_id:
        - camera.blink_camera_01
        - camera.blink_camera_02
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: blink.blink_update
    data: {}
mode: single

used these functions from the documentation: Blink - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io) they are both under the services actions not devices, took me a while to find it.

1 Like

This works great! Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for this. Seems like a great solution in the interim. Where exactly does the above code get placed?