Blitzwolf SHP6 Pro new design - no longer has ESP chip!

Hi all,

recently bought some extra Blitzwolf SHP6 Pro plugs, but it seems the design of the plug has changed. Anyone has experience in how to open the plug to flash new firmware? I hope the plug is still powered by EsP8266.

there is no longer a bolt in the earthing hole of the plug

Could be that the new SHP6 Pro no longer have an ESP inside.

What I intend to do:

1. As I don’t see a non-invasive way to open the plug, I’ll try Tuya-convert, to upload ESPhome or Tasmota over the air.
  2. If that’s unsuccessful, I’d open the plug to see if there’s an ESP inside.

Anyway, buying an SHP6 at Banggood is tricky: they showcase the old plug, but send the new version plug to you

Hi there,

i just received the newer version from banggood today and I can confirm, that there is no more ESP inside :confused:

Hey there. How did you confirm this? Did you open it? Can you make a picture? This is really sad. I too received 4 pieces from banggood and all show the new design. Different power button, green light.
Tuya convert does not work but informs that there has been the psk vulnerability thing changed, but not that there is a different chip inside. Since there is no way for me to open it, i am interested how you confirmed it.

Btw, is there an alternative to this plug? This size and with power monitoring? Would be really really sad if those would disappear since i use them for nearly everything with tasmota.

Don’t know about the insides of the New Blitzwolf SHP6, but this is a viable alternative:
This model comes preflashed with Tasmota:
Nous A1T
https://nous.technology/product/a1t.html

This one is sold out too. Any others?

many… you want that specific melting design?

Or a proper one?

You may want to try sites like:

And well, guess you know it (because you spend some minutes searching before putting your 8 words into this thread, there is shops selling pre-flashed devices (so guaranteed that a esp works inside :bulb:):

…just to name a few

Well, you are kind 2 (soon 3) years late for that. Check the tuya convert github for details :bulb:

Well, Due Diligence or some google-fu I guess?

For example after 3 seconds I found this here: BlitzWolf SHP6 10A Power Monitoring Plug (BW-SHP6) Configuration for Tasmota

WARNING: New Tuya devices have replaced their Wi-Fi module with one incompatible with Tasmota!!!
Tuya-Convert might not be possible for this device since the template was added (2019-12-17).

So since 2.5 years they don’t ship with a esp essentially… :put_litter_in_its_place:

Don’t know why you are in ranting mood.

Yes, i mean this design. Never melted for me, using them for years. Esp. the power monitoring feature and the size (fitting side by side in a power strip).

I’ve put about 50 words two posts before, well played blaming me for not doing my research. I am not one of those “daddy got a new hobby” home assistant users.

Your shop links all do not list any plug with the features this specific plug has. Only mediarath, the shop i bought 4 blitzwolf plugs 2 hours ago, with a price of over 20€ a peace, what is quite expansive, so my question is still valid. And yes, i used the coupon from blakadder, so this site is well known.

And also, i am not 2 or 3 years late. 3 months earlier there still where plenty of shp6 plugs available where tuya convert was easily applikable.
This particular design for shp6 is up since this year.

If you stop smoking, please do not enter forum discussions.

You are very lucky because this design has a serious design flaw which can cause a heavy resistance between the AC pins and the PCB even with low loads. Good thing is only that the plastic is not flammable but it will just melt away. :put_litter_in_its_place:

This type of plug isn’t designed to be used together with any extension cord, power strip or anything else in-between the wall-socket and the (schuko)-plug. That’s why you can read on your power strip “nicht hintereinander stecken”, for more information you can consult the VDE 0620-2-1. :bookmark_tabs:

Well, so all don’t but only one does? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The links were also not mentioned for the plug no one should buy because of it’s hazardous design but as a source for plugs that for sure feature a esp and not any other chip :bulb:

Peace be upon you! I’m glad I could be of help :handshake:

I’m sorry to hear that you were forced to pay the actual market prices. Guess you were forced to skip some meals so you could afford to buy the 4 units? :face_vomiting:

:beer:

This screw (red cycle) and another one on the opposite mess it up real bad :put_litter_in_its_place:

The whole AC load (often insanely rated up to 3680W) passes this bottleneck which might even be okay if it would be perfectly set and it’s ensured that it stays like this.

Sadly quite the opposite is guaranteed as each time this plug is put in a socket the pins actually put force in the contrary direction (so pushing the screw away from the pcb pad essentially “loosen” the bottleneck even more). This causes a increase of resistance which will result in higher temperatures and typically results in a meltdown when the break even point is reached. :fire:

Depending on the type of wall socket and how good the pins were fasten initially at the manufacture this might already happen at the first time this thing is plugged in and “fired” up (this can specially happen when using child safety sockets) :children_crossing: