BMP280 pressure and temperature sensor on Rpi

Hi,
BMP280 is very accurate I2C sensor by Bosch, that costs slightly more than one dollar :wink:
Anybody else (apart from me) interested in using such a sensor? I’ve just created code for it. It’s already on Github. It also requires Raspberry Pi I2C bus support, which is here.
If it’s worth the effort, I’ll try to make PR to it.
Kind regards,
Jurek

Just received a BME680 which I want to add. I imagine this could share a lot of code with the BMP?

Hallo, I would like to ask you for help.
I tryed to use your solution, but I have a problem at all time:
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/bmp280.py”, line 123, in init
self._bus.write_byte_data(address, self.CONTROL_ADDR, self.CONTROL)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rpi_i2c.py”, line 27, in write_byte_data
BUS.write_byte_data(addr, register, value)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘write_byte_data’

Do you have an idea where should be a problem?
Thanks Martin

It seems that rpi_i2c.pi component is not loaded. Do you have the file and required library (smbus2) installed?
If you have a BME280 or BME680, corresponding components are included in HA official distros, so installation is easier. You may check if the BME280 version work with BMP280 sensor, because it seems possible.
Furthermore: I can’t guarantee, that my code will work with current version of HA, it may require some update to follow platform changes.
Kind regards,
Jurek

The code on github supplied by the OP is now non exsistant and 404 on github. this is also top of the search engine results page on most search pages when searching for “bmp280 home assistant”