BMW Connected drive doesn't work anymore?

Hi,

Is there problem with the BMW connected drive integration ?

It’s 2 days that my Hass cannot connect to my car. I receive a “Maybe the password is wrong” message. I didn’t change it.

Is it just me ?

Thanks,

1 Like

same here - it goes down occasionally but always seems to come back online eventuallly. unless anyone knows otherwise?

Same problem here.
I cannot time it exactly when it stopped working. Other then updating my platform to latest core and 114.x no other changes applied. My password and user-id did not change, and when logging into the BMW portal directly all works, and my car is connected and visible there.

Highly irritating, as I use this integration to send me notification on my iphone on my mileage when I enter geo zones around my regular gas-stations, so I can enter the mileage into my lease car petrol scheme when paying (always forget to read the mileage before entering the shop to pay :wink:

Any suggestions anyone ?

grtz
John

Same for me here.

Is suddenly stopped, not able to connect to the bmw service. It’s very persistent, the bmw app however works ok. It used to work with the 0.116.4 version, but stopped later. Did BMW shut down the external connection?

Stopped working for me also. I suspect it may not be a coincidence that it stopped working around the same time that the “My BMW” app was made available on the Google play store. Seems to have the same functionality as the “BMW Connected” app, but maybe they changed their API.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 111, in _get_oauth_token
    response = self.send_request(url, data=data, headers=headers, allow_redirects=False,
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 154, in send_request
    response = requests.post(url, headers=headers, data=data, allow_redirects=allow_redirects,
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 119, in post
    return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 498, in send
    raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send
    resp = conn.urlopen(
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 726, in urlopen
    retries = retries.increment(
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 403, in increment
    raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 734, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 670, in urlopen
    httplib_response = self._make_request(
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 426, in _make_request
    six.raise_from(e, None)
  File "<string>", line 3, in raise_from
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 421, in _make_request
    httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 1347, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 307, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 276, in _read_status
    raise RemoteDisconnected("Remote end closed connection without"
urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

See the link below, fix is made and will be part of 0.117.
BMW changed their API indeed.

4 Likes

Confirmed working with 0.117. Thanks

It stopped work since 2021.8.0 (can’t login - failed to connect)

2 Likes

Looks like BMW changed their whole interface for this.

but it worked before latest HA update. And there was an update for the BMW Connected integration…

Confirm that it doesn’t work in 2021.8.0. Although I just tried it for the first time, same OAuth errors as mentioned.

Will it be possible to solve? I really really like and use the BMW integration every day :slight_smile:

Hmm I’m on core-2021.7.4 and it stopped working for me today also.
Error is:

2021-08-04 19:37:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [bimmer_connected.account] Authentication failed. Maybe your password is invalid?
2021-08-04 19:37:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [bimmer_connected.account] The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).

But I think BMW did change something today as the BMW app wasn’t working for some time so I assume they updated stuff

MyBMW app and BMW website working for me, but integration failing with ‘is your password correct’ error.

Upgraded today to 2021.8.0 today, integration was working prior to upgrade this morning, but can’t be sure upgrade caused the issue.

I’m a rest of world user.

Same here, also on 2021.8.0 and rest of world user.

Hope it’ll be fixed soon.

Yep - I did NOT do the new release update yet and mine went down earlier this morning. Most probably at BMW’s end as in the My BMW app my last car update was about 6 hours ago.

Confirmed unrelated to new HA release from what I see. Look here for updates:

2 Likes

Rolled back. Still doesn’t work. They changed their backend.

Probably not, as my integration returned functional this morning (10am CEST). Using HA 2021.8.0 and a BMW 530e 2020.

Works today for me without doing anything, still on 2021.7.4
Can anyone on 2021.8.1 confirm it still works there before I pull the trigger?

Works with 2021.8.1, too.